Brie represents a wide range of companies and has consistently achieved successful results for clients in fields including financial services, health care, technology, hospitality, media and cultural organizations. She has extensive experience resolving the many issues employers face throughout the employment life cycle, including counseling employers on hiring, terminations, reductions in force, internal investigations, wage and hour issues, disability and accommodations, statutory leave, and compliance with the rapidly-changing employment regulatory landscape.
Brie also has significant experience handling employment litigation in state and federal court, before federal, state, and local government agencies, and in mediation and arbitration. Brie has achieved positive results for clients in cases alleging various employment-related claims, including breach of contract, unfair competition, discrimination, retaliation, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, and the like. Brie’s litigation experience also includes complex commercial litigation involving employment components.
Brie has been on the forefront of New York’s anti-sexual harassment legislation and works closely with companies to build internal culture through interactive workshops, training, policy revision, and other initiatives. Brie also has an active pro bono practice and regularly represents a large provider of legal services to low-income New Yorkers and an organization for survivors of gender-based violence.
- University of Connecticut (JD)
- Mount Holyoke College (BA)
- Won a complete dismissal of three charges filed at the NLRB by employees of a home security company who were suspended for creating a workplace disruption in the middle of the employer’s office. The dismissal was appealed and then affirmed.
- Won a dismissal of a charge filed at the NLRB by an employee of a telecommunications service provider who was terminated in a restructuring.
- Represented a major energy company in a sex and age discrimination suit by a former employee which ultimately settled on favorable terms after the company filed a motion to dismiss.
- Represented a printing company in a discrimination suit filed by a former employee which resulted in a full dismissal of the claims against the company.
Recognition & Awards
- Included on the New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars List: Employment & Labor (2019)