Henry is a versatile business litigator with a multifaceted practice focused on business litigation, including disputes involving complex commercial issues, closely held business litigation, fiduciary duty, tort law, administrative law, defamation and libel claims, privacy issues, trade secret, noncompetition, and employment law. He represents and counsels clients on litigation and employment matters across a variety of industries, including technology, real estate ownership, development, and management, higher education, and financial services. Henry has also represented high-profile political and business figures.
He has represented clients before the US Equal Opportunity Commission, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, and federal and state courts in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, and Rhode Island, as well as the US Department of Defense Directorate for Industrial Security Clearance Review involving government security clearance issues for a major government defense contractor.
Additionally, Henry has counseled clients and conducted seminars on federal and state civil rights statutes, anti-discrimination laws, and issues of sexual harassment in the workplace.
Before joining Mintz in 1985, Henry was a law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court. He was also a law clerk to the US Department of Labor Regional Solicitor's office in Boston. Before attending law school, Henry worked for the Massachusetts Senate and has worked in numerous Massachusetts political campaigns.
- Suffolk University Law School (JD, cum laude)
- Boston College (BA, summa cum laude)
- Recently handled an international distributorship dispute in Asia and also analyzed and advised on potential claims in a large dispute with a supplier.
- Successfully defended a substantial multi-family landlord-owner in a tenants’ class action case.
- Represented and advised an apparel manufacturer in an international distributorship dispute in Asia and also analyzed and advised on potential claims in a large dispute with a supplier.
- Successfully defended multiple parties’ interests in complex family business disputes.
- Ownership dispute regarding a National Football League team.
- Major employment trial for an international pharmaceutical company.
- Resolved security clearance issues for government defense contractors.
- Counseled and advised numerous employers and employees on a multitude of employment issues.
- Conducted numerous internal investigations for a variety of businesses.
- Closely held corporate and family-owned business dissolutions and related complex litigation, including real estate and other investment holdings.
- Advised and represented multiple boards on governance, fiduciary, compensation, and related matters.
Recognition & Awards
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Business Litigation List (2010 – 2020)
- Best Lawyers in America: Commercial Litigation (2016 – 2021)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Admitted Member, United States Supreme Court Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association delegate, American Bar Association House of Delegates (1992 – 1994)
- Member, ABA TIPS Section Media and Defamation Torts Committee