Joe represents clients in real estate transactions, including acquisition and disposition, financing, leasing, and development deals. His clients include commercial real estate property owners, private equity investors, developers, landlords, and tenants.
Prior to joining Mintz, Joe was a senior associate at another leading law firm in Boston, where he worked with private equity and real estate investors as well as companies in the life sciences, technology, banking, sports and entertainment, recreation, health care, and retail industries to maximize their value from real estate transactions. Joe also worked with another law firm’s real estate and environmental practice, representing clients in financings, acquisitions and dispositions, and land use matters.
During law school, Joe served as a law clerk with the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency.
- Suffolk University (JD, cum laude)
- Boston College (BS)
- Represented a private equity real estate investment company in the acquisition and related debt and equity financing of multifamily, hotel, and other asset types throughout the United States, including seventeen acquisitions totaling over $400,000,000 since 2017.
- Represented a major US banking institution in connection with Greater Boston retail leasing.
- Represented a life sciences and technology company in connection with a lease for 250,000 square feet in a major Boston development for the company’s new headquarters.
- Represented the agent of a $600,000,000 credit facility for the development and construction of a 40,000-seat professional sports, entertainment, and recreation facility.
- Represented the agent of a $200,000,000 term loan as part of a merger and acquisition of a national office supply retail company involving 38 store locations in 20 states.
- Represented a regional bank in connection with a $31,000,000 loan secured by a 450,000 square foot, multitenant office building.
- Represented a life sciences and technology company in connection with a lease for 7,500 square feet in an office park complex in the Greater Boston area.
- Represented a developer in obtaining a total of $18,000,000 in construction financing from a private equity investor, two commercial banks, and public housing agency programs utilizing federal and state LIHTCs for a 42-unit affordable housing project.
- Board of Directors, South Boston Community Health Center (2014 – Present)
- Member, Emerging Leaders Committee, Real Estate Finance Association (2015 – Present)
- Member, NAIOP (2015 – Present)
- Member, Boston Bar Association (2013 – Present)
- Member, Real Estate Bar Association (2013 – Present)