Patricia Moran is an experienced employee benefits attorney who advises clients on a broad variety of employee benefit plan matters, including:
- Health and welfare matters, including the Affordable Care Act, fringe benefits, cafeteria plans, COBRA, wellness, mental health parity, on-site clinics, health savings accounts, and telemedicine.
- Retirement plan matters, including nondiscrimination testing, plan document design, service provider contract review and negotiation, and correction of errors.
- Benefits-related support on corporation transactions, including drafting, review and negotiation of purchase agreements, due diligence, and post-closing benefits structure.
In addition to her work at Mintz, Patricia has worked with the US Department of Labor Employee Benefits Security Administration investigating private sector employers and venture capital funds with respect to ERISA compliance. She has practiced in the employee benefits departments of two prominent New York City law firms, working primarily on corporate transactions, structured finance, and executive compensation. She has also collaborated with the Harvard School of Public Health on various health policy research projects.
Patricia works with clients of all sizes and in a variety of sectors, including staffing, home health, restaurant, hospitality, consulting, finance, technology and education.
Patricia frequently writes and speaks on a variety of employee benefits related matters.
- Harvard University (MPH)
- Syracuse University (JD)
- University of Notre Dame (BA)
- Advised CitiGroup on all its U.S. employee welfare benefits programs, including compliance with the Affordable Care Act and a top-to-bottom review of their retiree health benefit plans.
- Retained by Robert Half International to write a comprehensive explanation of the Affordable Care Act for RHI U.S. clients and prospects.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Women's Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce: Boston's Future Leaders (2013)
- Member, Notre Dame Executive Business Council
- Member, Harvard School of Public Health Leadership Council
- Harvard School of Public Health Alumni Award of Merit Selection Committee
- Past board member, Passim Folk Music and Cultural Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts (2008 – 2012)
- Volunteer Chef, Community Cooks