Xandy focuses his practice on corporate and transactional practice focused on private equity and venture capital transactions, projects and infrastructure, and general corporate matters. His transactional experience includes private M&A and general corporate matters including financings, corporate governance, and commercial contracts. He works with companies in various industries and leverages his prior experience as an energy regulator working with clients across the clean energy spectrum.
Prior to joining Mintz and while earning his law degree, Xandy worked as a senior economist with the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities. In this role, he advised the Department’s Commission on rate cases, special investigations, and other matters filed by utility companies. He also advised on economic issues and collaborated with the department’s legal counsel on drafting data requests and adjudicative orders.
Before law school, he worked as a policy analyst with a Washington, DC-based consulting firm that focuses on the electric vehicle industry and as a research analyst at a trade association for US investor-owned electric companies.
In law school, Xandy earned a JD with a concentration in Business Law & Financial Services, with distinction. He also served as a student attorney with the Volunteer Lawyers Project and as a research assistant to a professor who studies the energy industry and environmental law. In addition, he was a member of Suffolk Law’s Foreign Direct Investment International Moot Competition team.
- Represented NET Power in a business combination /de-SPAC to create a $1.5B company with the world’s first scalable clean, reliable, low cost natural gas-to-power solution with near zero-emissions.
- Represented Purpose Energy in a platform investment by Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners committing $100M to finance its biomass, biofuels and waste to energy projects.
- Represented BBAR in a high-profile 130,000 sq. foot Bridge Park connecting Washington, DC to Anacostia with an environmental museum, gardens, amphitheater, a boat launch, and other civic amenities.
- Represented Neural Payments in an $8M raise of Series A funding.
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Issues Landmark Order to Improve Generator Interconnection Processes Across the US
August 2, 2023 | Alert | By Steven Shparber, Omar Bustami, Xandy Walsh
Texas Legislators Propose Onerous Permitting Requirements for Wind and Solar Renewable Energy Facilities
May 15, 2023 | Alert | By Areta Jez, Xandy Walsh
November 30, 2022 | Blog | By Adam Sisitsky, Patrick E. McDonough, Xandy Walsh
Public Comments Requested on Additional Aspects of the IRA Clean Energy Tax Incentives, including Clean Hydrogen Production, Carbon Capture and Sequestration, Clean Commercial Vehicles and EV Charging Stations
November 7, 2022 | Alert | By Gregg M. Benson, Xandy Walsh, David Salamon
Last Call: Public Comments on Inflation Reduction Act Clean Energy Tax Incentives Are Requested By November 4
November 3, 2022 | Alert | By Gregg M. Benson, Xandy Walsh
September 26, 2022 | Advisory | By Xandy Walsh, Anne Bruno, Daniel T. Kajunski
Recognition & Awards
- Phi Delta Phi – Legal Honor Society