Abby’s practice focuses on corporate reorganization and bankruptcy law, including the representation of chapter 11 debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, indenture trustees, purchasers of distressed assets, chapter 7 trustees and defendants in bankruptcy litigation.
In addition, she has significant commercial litigation experience in state and federal court, including representing clients in business disputes, fraudulent conveyance cases and creditors' rights and loan enforcement litigation.
- University of California - Berkeley (JD)
- Washington and Lee University (BA)
- Represented secured and unsecured creditors in litigation to enforce promissory notes
- Represented unsecured creditors in confirming creditor chapter 11 plan in contested bankruptcy case
- Represented purchaser of bankrupt cellulosic ethanol plant and cogeneration facility
- Represented supervisory board of liquidating trust in obtaining dismissal of claims for equitable subordination and breach of fiduciary duty
- Represented luxury boutique hotel in selling assets and confirming chapter 11 plan during contested bankruptcy case
- Represented chapter 11 debtor in objecting to secured creditor’s claim, ultimately reducing the claim by nearly $2 million
- Represented residential and commercial real estate developers in confirmation of chapter 11 plans
- Represented chapter 7 trustee is recovering significant funds in dozens of preference actions