Adrienne is a restructuring and commercial finance attorney with significant bankruptcy litigation experience and deep capabilities advancing creditors' rights and representing debt holders in Chapter 11 and Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcies. She skillfully handles bankruptcy matters and workouts in state and federal courts, often representing strategic trade creditors, official and ad-hoc committees, bondholders, debtors, lease parties, and trustees. Her commercial lending work involves advising borrowers on private equity and secured financing transactions. Adrienne works with clients in many industries, with a particular focus on the life sciences, health care, retail, senior living, and manufacturing.
As an experienced commercial lending attorney, Adrienne also advises both borrowers and lenders on complex debt structuring, including transactions involving traditional banks and, more often, private equity. While most of these commercial lending matters involve a distressed debt or restructuring, her foresight and planning for unforeseen distress situations makes her work with non-troubled companies an asset to any client team.
In addition, Adrienne is an adjunct professor at Suffolk University Law School, teaching advanced courses in business bankruptcy. Adrienne is also a frequent speaker and writer on numerous topics of interest in the bankruptcy and commercial lending fields.
After law school, she served as a law clerk to the Justices of the Superior Court of Massachusetts.
- Suffolk University Law School (JD)
- Simmons College (BA)
- Representation of Bond Trustee in connection with the Central Falls Detention Facility Corporation, a detention center located in Rhode Island, with respect to bond obligations in excess of $130 million.
- Representation of Master Trustee and Bond Trustee in connection with Clare Oaks, a CCRC located in Illinois, with respect to bond obligations in excess of $84 million.
- Representation of Master Trustee and Bond Trustee in connection with a distressed CCRC located in Missouri, with respect to bond obligations in excess of $50 million.
- Representation of HP Hood, petitioning creditor in the involuntary chapter 7 case of Dari Farms, filed in District of Connecticut.
- Representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of the chapter 11 case of Clark-Cutler-McDermott, filed in the District of Massachusetts.
- Representation of ASICS America Corporation, the largest consignor and member of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Sports Authority chapter 11 bankruptcy case, filed in the District of Delaware.
- Representation of Reebok-CCM Hockey, creditor and member of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Total Hockey, Inc. chapter 11 case, filed in the Eastern District of Missouri.
- Representation of Ad Hoc Committee of Dealer/Franchise Store Owners in the RadioShack Corporation chapter 11 case, filed in the District of Delaware.
- Representation of Spartan Race, purchaser of the Tough Mudder assets in the involuntary chapter 11 case of Tough Mudder, Inc., filed in the District of Delaware.
- Representation of Smyths Toys, purchaser of the Toys R Us European assets in the Toys R Us chapter 11 bankruptcy case, filed in the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Representation of K.D. Pharma, purchaser of certain assets of the Sancilio Pharmaceuticals in the chapter 11 case of Sancilio Pharmaceuticals Company, Inc., filed in the District of Delaware.
- Representation of Master Trustee in the City of Stockton, California chapter 9 case, filed in the Eastern District of California.
- Representation of the Ad Hoc Bondholder Committee to the Water/Sewer Bonds in the City of Detroit, Michigan, filed in the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Representation of assignee for the benefit of creditors of Cambridge, Massachusetts based medical device developer.
- Representation of several early stage pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers in out of court wind downs.
- Represented the U.S. subsidiary of Velcro Companies, the premier manufacturer and innovator of hook and loop fasteners, in connection with dealing with customers in distressed situations, including a myriad of issues related to commercial loan workouts and loan amendments.
- Representation of numerous contract counterparties in litigating contested matters relating to the termination of certain securities agreements in the Lehman Brothers chapter 11 case, filed in the Southern District of New York, including the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Massachusetts State College Building Authority, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, SL Green, and Teva Pharmaceuticals USA.
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts – Bankruptcy/Restructuring (2011 – 2020)
- Pro Bono Honor Roll, United States Bankruptcy Court District of Massachusetts (2013 (inaugural year) – 2019)
- First Justices' Award for Pro Bono Publico Excellence (2016 - 2018)
- Best Lawyers in America: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2018 - 2020)
- Top Women of Law – Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (2016)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Finance: Municipal Bankruptcy (2013 – 2017)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Bankruptcy: Business list (2011 – 2019)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Stars – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights list (2005 – 2008)
- Boston Bar Association President's Award (2010 - 2011)
- Board of Directors, American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- ABI 40 Under 40 “Judge” (2019)
- Conference Co-Chair, ABI Northeast Conference (2018-2019)
- Advisory Board, ABI Northeast Conference (2017)
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Member, Boston Bar Association (BBA)
- Member, BBA Bankruptcy Section Steering Committee (2004-present)
- Section Co-Chair, BBA Bankruptcy Section Strategic Planning Committee (2018-present)
- Section Co-Chair, BBA Bankruptcy Section (2008-2010)
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- Trustee, Unitarian Universalist Area Church Trust
- Member, United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts’ Pro Bono Legal Services Advisory Committee
- Member, United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts’ Diversity Initiative Task Force
- Member, National Committee of Bankruptcy Judges' 2017 Conference Education Committee