Adrienne is a restructuring and commercial finance attorney with significant bankruptcy litigation experience and deep capabilities advancing creditors' rights and representing debt holders in Chapter 11 and Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcies. She skillfully handles bankruptcy matters and workouts in state and federal courts, often representing strategic trade creditors, official and ad-hoc committees, bondholders, debtors, lease parties, and trustees. Her commercial lending work involves advising borrowers on private equity and secured financing transactions. Adrienne works with clients in many industries, with a particular focus on the life sciences, health care, retail, senior living, and manufacturing.
Adrienne has significant experience in workouts, restructuring, and bankruptcy matters. She represents corporate debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, lessors and lessees, and trustees in federal, state, and out-of-court restructurings. Her clients represent a variety of industries, including retail, health care, textile manufacturers, biopharmaceutical, computer software, aviation, jewelry, and automotive. More frequently, Adrienne has been engaged to represent trustees and bondholders in numerous Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcies.
She has particular experience in creditors' rights and commercial litigation. Adrienne frequently represents secured lenders, indenture trustees, and bondholders in senior living and health care distressed matters. In addition, she routinely represents secured creditors and derivative contract parties in maximizing return on their agreements.
As an experienced commercial lending attorney, Adrienne also advises both borrowers and lenders on complex debt structuring, including transactions involving traditional banks and, more often, private equity. While most of these commercial lending matters involve a distressed debt or restructuring, her foresight and planning for unforeseen distress situations makes her work with non-troubled companies an asset to any client team.
In addition, Adrienne is an adjunct professor at Suffolk University Law School, teaching advanced courses in business bankruptcy. Adrienne is also a frequent speaker and writer on numerous topics of interest in the bankruptcy and commercial lending fields.
After law school, she served as a law clerk to the Justices of the Superior Court of Massachusetts.
- Suffolk University Law School (JD)
- Simmons College (BA)
- Represented the unsecured creditors’ committee in the Ch. 11 filing of Clark-Cutler-McDermott Company, an auto parts manufacturing company. Our representation included litigation against General Motors, LLC, the senior secured creditor and the debtors’ primary customer, for: (i) breach of contract; (ii) breach of fiduciary duty; (iii) fraud; (iv) unfair and deceptive business practices; (v) avoidance of liens; and (vi) equitable subordination.
- Represented the U.S. subsidiary of Velcro Companies, the premier manufacturer and innovator of hook and loop fasteners, in connection with dealing with customers in distressed situations, including a myriad of issues related to commercial loan workouts and loan amendments.
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts – Bankruptcy/Restructuring (2011 – 2019)
- Pro Bono Honor Roll, United States Bankruptcy Court District of Massachusetts (2013 (inaugural year) – 2019)
- First Justices' Award for Pro Bono Publico Excellence (2016 - 2018)
- Best Lawyers in America: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2018 - 2020)
- Top Women of Law – Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (2016)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Finance: Municipal Bankruptcy (2013 – 2017)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Bankruptcy: Business list (2011 – 2019)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Stars – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights list (2005 – 2008)
- Boston Bar Association President's Award (2010 - 2011)
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- ABI 40 Under 40 “Judge” (2019)
- Conference Co-Chair, ABI Northeast Conference (2018-2019)
- Advisory Board, ABI Northeast Conference (2017)
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Member, Boston Bar Association (BBA)
- Member, BBA Bankruptcy Section Steering Committee (2004-present)
- Section Co-Chair, BBA Bankruptcy Section Strategic Planning Committee (2018-present)
- Section Co-Chair, BBA Bankruptcy Section (2008-2010)
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- Trustee, Unitarian Universalist Area Church Trust
- Member, United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts’ Pro Bono Legal Services Advisory Committee
- Member, United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts’ Diversity Initiative Task Force
- Member, National Committee of Bankruptcy Judges' 2017 Conference Education Committee