Bethany focuses her transactional practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, growth capital, joint ventures, and confidentiality agreements.
She serves as a strategic member of many Mintz deal teams, leveraging a broad skill set in all aspects of M&A transactions. Starting at the auction stage, Bethany frequently runs the confidentiality agreement process, having negotiated over a thousand such agreements for a well-known private equity sponsor and overseen several programmatic confidentiality agreement processes, including for private equity firms and family offices. During the negotiation process, Bethany brings experience in several different spaces — private equity (including platform acquisitions and add-on acquisitions), biotech, manufacturing, energy, telecommunications, strategic acquisitions, and others — to anticipate each party’s unique needs.
Bethany was a Mintz Summer Associate in 2012. During law school, Bethany served as an editor for the Boston University Law Review.
- Boston University (MA, International Relations)
- Boston University School of Law (JD)
- Rutgers University (BA)
- Represented HealthpointCapital, a private equity firm focused on the musculoskeletal space, in connection with:
- Sale to Modern Dental Group Limited, a global dental prosthetic device provider, to MicroDental Laboratories, a leading network of dental labs across North America.
- $275 mm sale of Blue Belt Holdings, a developer of robotic-assisted surgical systems, to Smith & Nephew, a multinational medical equipment manufacturing company.
- Add-on acquisition by portfolio company CrossRoads Extremity Systems of Surgical Frontiers technology, a developer of medical technology in the orthopedic extremities sector.
- Represented MPE Partners, a middle-market private equity firm focused on manufacturing and industrial services, in connection with:
- Recapitalization of Voeller Mixers, a manufacturer of building industrial concrete mixers.
- Sale of United Pipe & Steel, a distributor of carbon steel standard pipe, copper tube, PVC pipe, electrical conduit and related products, to Merfish Pipe Holdings, a portfolio company of One Equity Partners.
- Sale of majority stake in Trachte, a manufacturer of preassembled and modularized control buildings, to Palladium Equity Partners.
- Represented PE-backed optometry and ophthalmology conglomerate in multiple bolt-on acquisitions.
- Represented a middle-market private equity firm focused on business services and specialty industrials in its acquisition of a majority position in a fabric product manufacturer.
- Represented a multinational chain of fitness studios in an investment by a middle-market private equity firm focused on the wellness and sustainable living sectors.
- Represented a middle-market private equity firm focused on healthcare opportunities in its sale of a developer of medical nutrition products to a Japanese food and biotechnology company.
- Represented DW Healthcare Partners, a middle-market private equity firm focused on healthcare opportunities, in its acquisition of the Aequor Group of companies, a healthcare, IT and clinical staffing company.
- Represented Corinthian Capital, a middle-market private equity firm focused on the manufacturing, distribution and service spaces, in its sale of Friedrich Air Conditioning to Monomoy Capital Partners.
- Represented Globalization Partners, an international staffing company, in a $150 mm minority investment led by funds managed by Wincove Private Holdings and TDR Capital, with participation from Sands Capital.
- Represented a private equity firm focused on technology, media and telecommunications in its add-on acquisition of a self-serve platform for placement of obituaries and other announcements in U.S. newspapers.
- Represented Right Networks, a provider of cloud solutions to small and medium-sized businesses, in its recapitalization by BV Investment Partners, a private equity firm focused on technology-enabled business services, information technology and communication services.
- Represented a popular flavored supplement chew in the sale of the product to a JV consisting of a pharmaceutical company and a private equity firm focused on consumer and retail, financial services, healthcare, industrials and services, internet and digital media, natural resources and energy, real estate and technology.
- Ongoing management of portfolio company corporate governance for private equity clients.
- Represented a family office in its recapitalization of a private investment firm specializing in the purchase of remnant assets resulting from commercial bankruptcy cases.
- Represented a consortium consisting of an investment firm specializing in sports and entertainment together with several family offices in its recapitalization of a youth sports camp.
- Represented a family office in its investment in the leading operator of high amenity health and fitness clubs across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast United States.
- Ongoing management of portfolio company corporate governance for family office clients.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented ATN International (formerly known as Atlantic Tele-Network), a publicly-traded company focused on communications and renewable energy services, in connection with:
- $145 mm acquisition of Innovative group of companies, a provider of telecommunications and media services in U.S. Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands and St. Maarten.
- Sale of Sovernet, an internet service provider in the New England region, to Oak Hill Capital Partners, a private equity firm focused on consumer, retail, distribution, industrials, media, communications and services.
- Represented a provider of consulting services in its acquisition by a Japanese financial holding company.
- Represented AdvanDx, a developer of molecular diagnostic products, in its sale to OpGen, a pharmaceutical company.
- Represented Myriad Genomics, a Nasdaq-listed molecular diagnostics company, in its acquisition of Assurex Health, an informatics-based precision medicine company, for up to $410 mm.
- Represented Time Inc. in its sale of Essence Magazine.
- Represented Princeton Lightwave, an artificial intelligence firm, in its acquisition by a subsidiary of Ford Motors.
- Represented STRAN Technologies, a U.S.-based producer of harsh environment and tactical interconnect products and services in the military/aerospace and oil/gas industries, in its acquisition by Corning Industries, a multinational technology company in the industrial and scientific spaces.
- Represented various buyers of auto dealership portfolios.
- Represented DropCar, a New York-based car parking and car delivery concierge service, in its merger with WPCS, after which DropCar became a publicly-traded company, listed on Nasdaq.
- Represented Laddawn, a manufacturer of plastic packaging products, in its acquisition by Berry Global, a “Fortune 500” company.
- Represented Grünenthal, a pharmaceutical company based in Germany, in its acquisition from Acorda Therapeutics, a biotechnology company, of the Qutenza product business, a capsaicin-based pain patch.
- Represented a music and audio production company in its joint venture consolidation with an Australian-based music and audio production company.
- Represented a manufacturer of dewatering pumping equipment and related engineering services in the sale of its rental business to a strategic buyer.
- Represented a well-known restaurant and hospitality owner and operator in a minority investment by a foodservice and support services company.
- Represented XCM Solutions, LLC, a cloud-based workflow solutions provider for professional tax and accounting firms, in its $160 mm sale to Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting North America, a division of Wolters Kluwer, a global provider of professional information, software solutions and services.
Recognition & Awards
- New York State Courts Access to Justice Award (2015 - 2018) for work with the New York Family Court Volunteer Attorney Program