Bethany focuses her transactional practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, growth capital, joint ventures, and confidentiality agreements.
She serves as a strategic member of many Mintz deal teams, leveraging a broad skill set in all aspects of M&A transactions. Starting at the auction stage, Bethany frequently runs the confidentiality agreement process, having negotiated over a thousand such agreements for a well-known private equity sponsor and overseen several programmatic confidentiality agreement processes, including for private equity firms and family offices. During the negotiation process, Bethany brings experience in several different spaces — private equity (including platform acquisitions and add-on acquisitions), biotech, manufacturing, energy, telecommunications, strategic acquisitions, and others — to anticipate each party’s unique needs.
Bethany was a Mintz Summer Associate in 2012. During law school, Bethany served as an editor for the Boston University Law Review.
- Boston University (MA, International Relations)
- Boston University School of Law (JD)
- Rutgers University (BA)
- HealthpointCapital, a private equity firm focusing on the musculoskeletal space, in connection with:
- Sale to Modern Dental Group Limited, a global dental prosthetic device provider, of MicroDental Laboratories, a leading network of dental labs across North America.
- $275 mm sale of Blue Belt Holdings, Inc., a developer of robotic-assisted surgical systems, to Smith & Nephew, Inc., a multinational medical equipment manufacturing company.
- Acquisition by portfolio company CrossRoads Extremity Systems of Surgical Frontiers technology, a developer of medical technology in the orthopedic extremities sector.
- MPE Partners, a private equity firm focusing on lower middle market leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, and build up investments in high-value manufacturing and industrial services, in connection with:
- Recapitalization of Voeller Mixers, Inc.
- Sale of United Pipe & Steel, distributor of carbon steel standard pipe, copper tube, PVC pipe, electrical conduit, and related products to Merfish Pipe Holdings, LLC, a portfolio company of One Equity Partners.
- Ongoing management of portfolio company corporate governance.
- Represented PE-backed optometry and ophthalmology conglomerate in multiple portfolio company acquisitions.
- Represented DW Healthcare Partners, a middle-market private equity firm, in connection with the acquisition of the Aequor group of companies, a healthcare, IT and clinical staffing company.
- Represented HRS Management, the family office of Apollo Management co-founder Joshua Harris, in its investment in US Fitness, the leading operator of high amenity, high value health and fitness clubs across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast United States.
- Represented Corinthian Capital, a middle-market private equity firm focusing on manufacturing, distribution and service spaces, in its sale of Friedrich Air Conditioning to Monomoy Capital Partners.
- Represented Globalization Partners, an international staffing company, in a $150 mm minority investment led by funds managed by Wincove Private Holdings and TDR Capital, with participation from Sands Capital.
- Represented Pamplona Capital Management in its add-on acquisition of iPublish Media Solutions, LLC, a self-serve platform for placement of obituaries and other announcements in U.S. newspapers.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented ATN International (formerly known as Atlantic Tele-Network), a publicly traded company focusing on communications and renewable energy services, in connection with:
- $145 mm acquisition of Innovative group of companies, a provider of telecommunications and media services in U.S. Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands and St. Maarten.
- Sale of Sovernet, a provider of high-capacity network transport, broadband internet, data center and voice services in Vermont and New York, to Oak Hill Capital Partners.
- Represented Myriad Genomics, a Nasdaq-listed molecular diagnostics company, in its acquisition of Assurex Health, an informatics-based precision medicine company for up to $410 million.
- Represented Time Inc. in its sale of Essence Magazine.
- Represented the owners of Viactiv, the popular flavored calcium supplement chew, in the sale of the product to Adare and TPG.
- Represented artificial intelligence firm in its acquisition by a subsidiary of Ford Motors.
- Represented STRAN Technologies, a U.S.-based producer of harsh environment and tactical interconnect products and services in the military/aerospace and oil/gas industries, in its acquisition by Corning Industries, a multinational technology company in the industrial and scientific spaces.
- Represented various buyers of auto dealership portfolios.
- Represented DropCar in its merger with WPCS, after which DropCar became a publicly traded company, listed on Nasdaq.
- Represented Right Networks, a provider of cloud solutions to small and medium-sized businesses, in its recapitalization by BV Investment Partners.
- Represented Laddawn, Inc., a manufacturer of plastic packaging products, in its acquisition by Berry Global, Inc., a fortune 500 company.
- Represented FloDesign Sonics, a developer of acoustic cell processing technology, in its acquisition by a Merck subsidiary.
- Represented Grünenthal, a pharmaceutical company based in Germany, in its acquisition from Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. of the Qutenza product business, a capsaicin-based pain patch.
- Represented Squeak E. Clean Studios, a California-based music and audio production company headed by Sam Spiegel, in its joint venture consolidation with Nylon Studios, an Australian-based music and audio production company.
- Represented Thompson Pump and Manufacturing Company, Inc. in the sale of its rental business to United Rentals.
- Represented Union Square Hospitality Group in a minority investment in its catering arm, Union Square Events, by Compass Group USA.
Recognition & Awards
- New York State Courts Access to Justice Award (2015 - 2018) for work with the New York Family Court Volunteer Attorney Program