Bram is a Member of the corporate and securities group. His practice focuses heavily on mergers and acquisitions, both on the buy side and sell side, along with general corporate and other transactional work. Bram primarily represents middle-market privately held companies and their principals. He serves as outside general counsel for a number of his clients, advising on strategic day-to-day corporate and business matters, as well as helping them to manage acquisitions, dispositions, financings, employment issues, contract matters, and litigation. Bram also counsels on avoidance and resolution of business disputes, with a focus on those involving business partners and family members. Bram’s practice also encompasses advising clients on matters involving limited liability companies, partnerships and investment funds. These matters range from complex joint ventures to fund formation to closely held partnerships and LLCs, and include planning for enhanced tax treatment, equity incentives, succession issues, and pre-structured unwinding.
Bram’s clients range from mature businesses that are well-established in their industries to multi-generation family businesses to entrepreneurs starting new ventures. Bram represents clients in transactional and general business matters across many diverse industries, including health care and medical devices; industrial, manufacturing and distribution; technology, software, and high-tech; entertainment, media, advertising, and public relations; real estate; packaging; and professional services.
Bram spent a number of years practicing in New York City before joining the Boston office of Mintz. Prior to attending law school, Bram spent several years in business working for an aerospace company in Southern California and then running his own footwear liquidation business in Boston.
Bram is a member of the Board of Trustees of Brandeis University. He is also on the Board of Overseers of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Bram has been active in a number of other local not-for-profit organizations over the years and was selected to participate in the 2004 Acharai Leadership Program for Combined Jewish Philanthropies.
- Boston College (JD)
- Vassar College (BA, History)
Bram has represented:
- Decision Resources Group, in connection with a number of its mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions. Representative transactions include:
- Acquisition of Activate Networks, a leading provider of network analytics and relationship analysis for healthcare/life sciences companies
- Acquisition of the assets of Adaptive Software, a developer of market-leading pharmacy benefit and formulary management software platforms.
- Acquisition of Context Matters, a leading provider of health economics data for pharmaceutical industry market access intelligence (following an earlier investment in Series B shares of Context Matters).
- Acquisition of Healthcare Business Insights, a revenue cycle management company, basically the complex task of filing claims and getting paid, on cost and quality, on supply chains and on information technology.
- The Manischewitz Company, a global leader in the kosher food business and a holding of Bain Capital, in connection with its acquisition by Kenover Marketing Corporation.
- Piramal Healthcare, a multi-national Indian public company with a focus on the healthcare industry and an affiliate of the Piramal Group, a global business conglomerate, in connection with its purchase of Decision Resources Group.
- C-4 Analytics, one of the fastest-growing digital marketing firms in North America, in connection with a recapitalization transaction with BV Investment Partners, a private equity firm.
- LL Rowe Company, a military contractor focused on the design and manufacture of products for the U.S. Navy and its submarine fleet, in connection with its sale to TE Connectivity, an affiliate of Tyco Electronics.
- Stran Technologies, a U.S.-based producer of harsh environment and tactical interconnect products and services, principally serving the military/aerospace and oil/gas industries, in connection with its sale to Corning Incorporated.
- Strobe Labs, a technology company that created a marketing platform to give venues and promoters a simple and powerful way to learn more about their fans and engage them more effectively, in connection with its sale to Live Nation.
- Antron Engineering & Machine Company, a provider of precision machining in a wide range of materials that answers the unique needs of many industries, in connection with its acquisition of Central Machine.
- inviCRO, a leading provider of imaging service solutions and analysis software for research and drug development, in its acquisition of Molecular NeuroImaging.
- inviCRO, a leading provider of imaging service solutions and analysis software for research and drug development, in connection with its acquisition by Konica Minolta.
- Nutek, Inc., a leader in the specialty sealants packaging business, in connection with its sale to Royal Adhesives and Sealants, LLC.
- Cambridge Education Group, a United Kingdom company that operates English language schools for international students, in connection with its acquisition of Trinity Catholic High School.
- Advanced Vision Research, the maker of TheraTears eye drops, in connection with the sale of the business to Akorn Inc.
- Mercatus LLC, a strategic consulting firm focused on the retail financial services industry, in connection with its acquisition of of Financial Research Corporation from Citi Fund Services, Inc., an affiliate of Citigroup.
- Mercatus LLC, a strategic consulting firm focused on the retail financial services industry, in connection with its sale to Alix Partners.
- Big League Broadcasting St. Louis, LLC, in connection with its acquisition of several radio stations in the St. Louis metro area.
- Big League Broadcasting St. Louis, LLC, the operator of multiple sports-talk radio stations in and around St. Louis, Missouri, in several transactions, including the sale of its radio stations in the St. Louis metro area.
- Big League Broadcasting, LLC, the operator of the leading sports-talk radio station in Atlanta, Georgia, in connection with its sale to to Lincoln Financial.
- New England Health Enterprises, the operator of multiple imaging centers and mobile imaging facilities throughout New England, in connection with its sale to Alliance Imaging.
- Harvard Medical International Inc., a provider of consulting services around the globe to medical professionals and institutions, in connection with its sale to Partners Healthcare.
- Dickinson Advertising, Inc., a printing and advertising company, in connection with its sale to Protocol Services, Inc.
- Planet Interactive, a web developer, in connection with its sale to Jack Morton Worldwide, a unit of the Interpublic Group of Companies.
- LFB, a French multi-national pharmaceutical company, in connection with its joint venture with a United States company to develop, open and operate a plasma collection and distribution center.
- EMC Corporation, in connection with its joint venture with Cisco Systems, Inc. and VMWare, Inc. to develop a business providing converged infrastructure solutions for private cloud computing to business organizations.
- Member, Brandeis University Board of Trustees
- Member, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Board of Overseers
- Past board member, Jewish Vocational Service
- Past trustee, Temple Israel, Boston
- Past trustee, The Rashi School