Brian’s practice focuses on health care, and life sciences, and he has over 35 years of experience working on transactions involving health care and life sciences entities. He represents managed care companies, insurers, academic medical centers, hospital systems, investors, including venture capital and private equity funds, life sciences companies, and information technology companies.
His experience includes mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, financings, investments, licensing, governance structure and relationships, marketing arrangements, services arrangements, outsourcing, and other contracting.
Brian has presented on panels on behalf of organizations as the Practising Law Institute, the American Bar Association, and the New York State Bar Association.
During law school, he served as executive editor of the Journal of International and Comparative Law.
- New York Law School (JD)
- State University of New York (BA)
- Represented Montefiore Medical Center in multiple joint ventures, including one for the research and development of certain cancer therapies; and another with two parties: a software company that has a clinical discovery platform, and a university health science center.
- Represented New York University School of Medicine in multiple joint venture affiliations with regional hospitals outside of New York City, relating to the medical school’s nationally recognized expertise in assisted reproductive services, including in vitro fertilization.
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: New York – Healthcare (2011 – 2018)
- Nightingale's Healthcare News: Outstanding Healthcare Transaction Lawyer (2007)
- Best Lawyers in America: Healthcare Law (2016 – 2019)
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Health Law Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association