Clancy focuses the majority of his litigation practice on representing major pharmaceutical companies in complex product liability and mass tort litigation. He has experience defending significant lawsuits in multidistrict litigation as well as individual cases pending in state and federal courts across the country, and has served on multiple trial teams that have obtained defense verdicts. Clancy has experience in every stage of litigation, including arguing dispositive motions in federal court, deposing plaintiffs and fact witnesses, preparing company witnesses and experts, and mounting successful Daubert / Frye challenges to opposing experts.
In addition, Clancy has experience in complex civil litigation and government enforcement actions, including white-collar criminal defense, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and other government investigations. While in law school, Clancy worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Susan Garsh of the Superior Court of Massachusetts.
- Washington University (JD)
- Connecticut College (BA, American Studies)
- Represents a publicly traded biotechnology company in multi-jurisdictional pharmaceutical product liability disputes, including wrongful death claims, involving an FDA-approved medication.
- Represents a publicly traded biotechnology company in pharmaceutical product liability claims involving cardiovascular risks in federal district court
- Represented a publicly traded pharmaceutical company in a product liability claim involving birth defects in federal district court
- Represented and obtained favorable verdicts for a major pharmaceutical company in mass tort litigation involving systemic injuries from a pharmaceutical product
- Assisted in developing globally applicable anti-corruption policies and procedures incorporating the requirements of the US FCPA, UK Bribery Act, and numerous additional jurisdictions
- Assisted in defense of largest criminal environmental prosecution by DOJ in history