With more than 20 years of experience, Eric is a real estate attorney with both a regional and national transactional practice. Public and private real estate funds, pension fund advisors, institutional property owners, and other owners and operators of real estate seek his counsel amid a broad range of acquisition, disposition, financing, and leasing throughout the United States. Eric has extensive experience representing owners and operators of multiple asset classes, including office, industrial, retail, multifamily and medical office properties and structuring those transactions. Since joining Mintz, Eric has represented clients in more than 300 transactions accounting for more than $5 billion of commercial real estate.
In the Fall of 2017, Eric was introduced to Lynn Margherio, Founder and CEO of Cradles to Crayons, a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation providing essential supplies to over 250,000 children in poverty. Eric represented Cradles in their acquisition of what will become their “forever home” in the greater Boston area and remarked that “the Cradles representation was one of the most rewarding matters I have worked on in more than twenty years as a real estate lawyer.”
Recent Representative Transactions:
• Represented a private fund in connection with their $61.3 million purchase of an office tower in Plano, Texas.
• Represented a private fund in connection with their $44.2 million purchase of an industrial portfolio in Atlanta, GA.
• Represented Core Plus Fund in a $75.4 million sale of an office property portfolio in southern California.
• Represented Core Plus Fund in a $42.3 million sale of an industrial property located in Cook County, Illinois.
• Represented publicly traded company as borrower in connection with an $81 Million CMBS loan to finance the purchase of an office complex in Hopkins, MN.
- Boston College (JD)
- Bates College (BA)
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts (Recognized Practitioner) – Real Estate (2019)
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts – Real Estate (2013 – 2015, 2018)
- Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law (2016 – 2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Member, United Way Real Estate and Building Industry Leadership Breakfast Committee (2010 – 2014)
- Mentor, Boston College Law School 1L Mentoring Program (2009 – 2016)
- Past volunteer, Citizens Schools