Frank partners with innovators to develop and execute smart patent strategies that help them compete in global markets. His clients include growing, dynamic companies pioneering next-generation electrical and computer technologies including cryptocurrency and blockchain systems, social media and Internet applications, autonomous vehicles, and medical tools and devices.
Frank often works hand in hand with clients to build their companies’ portfolios from the ground up. Although his clients include companies of all sizes, his practice focuses in particular on start-ups and mid-market companies. Frank’s keen technical skills allow him to collaborate closely with clients to develop patentable ideas and to grow and protect their patents around existing portfolios and products. He has handled portfolios ranging from several to hundreds of patents and brings an exceptional understanding of the complexities of global patentability — including jurisdictional differences in patent law — to his work managing international filings and coordinating claim development to ensure global enforceability.
Prior to joining Mintz, Frank was a partner with a global intellectual property firm in Boston. Earlier he started his own web hosting company, DGN Enterprises, and worked in software engineering at a Boston-area start-up.
Entrepreneurial and focused on his clients’ business goals and needs, Frank is a trusted advisor and a strategic partner as well as a proven patent prosecutor. He has been included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers list of “Rising Stars” and recognized as an “Up & Coming Lawyer” by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly.
In addition, Frank has an active pro bono practice, and has worked extensively with the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts and many other nonprofit organizations.
- American University (JD)
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute (MS, Computer Science)
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute (BS, with high distinction)
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly “Up & Coming Lawyer” (2016)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list (2015)
- Chair, AIPLA Law Practice Management Committee (2018 – 2019)
- Vice Chair, AIPLA Law Practice Management Committee (2016 – 2018)
- Chair, AIPLA New Lawyers Committee (2014 – 2016)
- Vice Chair, AIPLA New Lawyers Committee (2013 – 2014)