Gauri’s employment law practice covers the full scope of labor and employment law issues and encompasses a wide range of industries, including health care, life sciences, technology, education, startup and nonprofit organizations.
Gauri regularly represents clients in employment related litigation, including discrimination claims, non-compete and trade secret issues, and employment contracts. She counsels clients throughout the entire process from the initial filing through representation in the courts. She advises small businesses, large corporations, and nonprofit organizations on discrimination claims brought under federal, state and local laws and regulations. In Massachusetts, she has particular experience with Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 151B. She is experienced in both bringing and defending against non-compete, non-solicit, and trade secret disputes in state and federal courts throughout the country.
Gauri also regularly counsels clients on employment issues, including employee hiring and terminations; wage and hour issues and audits; workplace policies, including sick time and other leave policies; exempt and non-exempt classification; workplace investigations; and equal employment opportunity practices and affirmative action plans compliant with Executive Order 11246 and other regulations enforced by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Gauri regularly assists clients with negotiating collective bargaining agreements and labor relations disputes.
Gauri routinely performs due diligence reviews of documents and provides counseling on employment-related issues in connection with M&A and other corporate transactions.
Gauri also counsels employers on OSHA and other environmental safety and health issues, ranging from reviews of safety data sheets and recordkeeping processes to responses to workplace injuries and fatalities.
Additionally, she routinely provides training to clients’ management and staff on employment laws and diversity in the workplace.
- University of Notre Dame (JD)
- Northeastern University (BS, summa cum laude)
Recognition & Awards
- Included on the Massachusetts Rising Stars: Employment & Labor List (2016-2019)
- Lawyers of Color Hot List - Eastern Region (2013)
- Member, Diversity Task Force, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Advisory Council, Zoo New England
- Member and Past President, South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, 2015 Beacon Award Selection Committee, Boston Bar Association
- Member, 2015-2016 Labor and Employment Section Council, Massachusetts Bar Association