John’s practice focuses on a wide variety of litigation matters. He is experienced in all phases of litigation.
Prior to joining Mintz, John served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Robert Cordy of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. He also worked as an Assistant District Attorney in the Appellate Division of the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, where he filed first appellate briefs on behalf of the Commonwealth in twelve cases, and presented oral argument before the Massachusetts Appeals Court in seven cases.
During law school, John served as a Student Prosecutor at the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office.
- Suffolk University Law School (JD, summa cum laude)
- Suffolk University (BS, cum laude)
- Represents joint venture between international hotel company and leading global investment firm in dispute with landowner regarding rights to 100+ year leasehold interest in a high-value Boston hotel property.
Recognition & Awards
- Suffolk Jurisprudence Award, Secured Transactions (2011)
- Distinguished Oral Advocate, Legal Practice Skills Section Competition (2010)
- Distinguished Best Brief, Legal Practice Skills Section Competition (2010)
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society