John’s practice focuses on corporate and securities law matters, with emphasis on the biotechnology, medical device and technology industries.
John represents issuers preparing for and completing initial public offerings, de-SPAC and reverse merger transactions, follow-on offerings, ATM offerings and PIPEs. John also represents underwriters in capital markets transactions. In addition, John serves as outside corporate and securities counsel to public companies and advises on a broad range of corporate governance and securities compliance matters, including SEC requirements, Nasdaq and NYSE listing rules and proxy advisory firm policies.
John also advises entrepreneurs of early stage companies on formation, capital raising transactions and corporate governance matters, including through his involvement with the Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center (M2D2).
Prior to becoming an attorney, John worked as a legal assistant in the Securities Litigation Practice at Mintz Levin. He also interned at the Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau, the Massachusetts Clients’ Security Board of the Supreme Judicial Court, the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office, and the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary.
- Boston College (JD)
- Middlebury College (BA)
- Co-Chair, Business Transactions Section of the Boston Bar Association, Past Co-Chair of the Securities Law Committee of the Boston Bar Association
- Advisory Board, The Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center (M2D2)
- Contributor, Securities Matters blog
- Mentor, including for the M2D2 $200K Challenge and MIT $100K Pitch Contest
- Member of the Pastor Transition Team and Endowment Committee, Past Chair of Church Council and Associate Lay Leader, Sudbury United Methodist Church