Joshua focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, corporate governance, and general corporate matters. He has experience in working with buyers and sellers in M&A deals and drafting corporate organizational documents, commercial agreements, and Securities and Exchange Commission filings. Joshua also has experience representing issuers and underwriters in public and private debt and equity offerings.
While attending law school, he served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Thomas J. McAvoy, a Senior US District Judge for the Northern District of New York. He also participated in the school’s Intellectual Property and Nonprofit Organizations Legal Clinic and Bankruptcy Clinic.
Before attending law school, Joshua was an aviation program manager and data analyst in the US Navy. He was awarded four Navy Achievement Medals for outstanding performance and leadership and a Sailor of the Year Award for exceptional performance during combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Washington University (JD)
- Columbia College (BA)
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a public consumer packaged goods company in its acquisition of a target public company’s outstanding capital stock for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $1.5 billion.
- Represented private equity buyer in its $325 million acquisition of a video and ad management company.
- Represented a networking hardware company in a $400 million merger with a public company buyer.
- Represented a health care communications company in the $240 million sale of a minority equity stake to private equity buyer.
- Represented private equity buyer in its $25 million acquisition of a private medical device company.
- Represented strategic buyer in its $30 million acquisition of a healthcare credentialing software company.
- Represented a production software company in the sale of its assets for $5 million.
- Represented a ceramic goods company in a $30 million merger with a private equity buyer.
- Represented a private company purchaser in an acquisition of a film staffing company.
- Represented strategic buyer in its acquisition of a home technology consulting company.
- Represented sellers in the $20 million sale of a transportation software company’s capital stock.
Corporate Finance/Capital Markets
- Represented a public consumer packaged goods company in its $1 billion Rule 144A debt offering.
- Represented an international airline in multiple Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificate private debt offerings in the aggregate amount of approximately $1.5 billion.
- Represented investor in a $10 million Series C financing.
- Represented a software company in its $5 million Series A financing.
- Represented an underwriter in the $92 million IPO of an Illinois-based financial institution.
- Represented an underwriter in the $34 million IPO of a New Mexico-based financial institution.
- Represented an underwriter in the $36 million IPO of a Wisconsin-based financial institution.