Megan guides public companies through structuring and implementing capital-raising transactions, SEC reporting compliance and corporate governance obligations, and strategic mergers and acquisitions. With a specific passion for the life sciences industry, Megan has over 25 years of experience in the biotechnology field. Her counseling is directly informed by a client-focused perspective she gained during a prior in-house counsel role with a global laboratory and analytical instrument maker.
Megan is Chair of the Corporate Practice, Co-chair of the Securities & Capital Markets Practice Group, and former member of the Firm's Policy Committee. She advises publicly traded and late-stage private companies, primarily in the life sciences industry, on capital raising, SEC reporting and corporate governance obligations, and merger and acquisition transactions.
As Chair of the Corporate Practice, Megan manages more than 140 attorneys in five offices across the US. Her responsibilities include managing the strategic direction of the group and implementing its key initiatives, marketing, hiring, personnel management, professional development, performance assessment, work allocation, budgeting, and financial analysis and management.
Megan frequently speaks at conferences on securities offerings, corporate governance, and compliance matters, including at Boston Bar Association panels and industry meetings. She is also active in community organizations in Boston, including serving as a Board member of the Pine Street Inn, the Boston Bar Foundation, and the Japan Society of Boston.
Before joining the firm in September 2000, Megan served as associate general counsel for Thermo Electron Corporation, where she was responsible for securities offerings and compliance for the corporation and its 23 publicly traded subsidiaries.
- Boston College (JD)
- Wellesley College (BA)
Merger & Acquisition Transactions
- Represented OvaScience in its merger with Millendo Therapeutics, Inc.
- Represented Albireo Pharma, Inc. in its merger with Biodel Inc.
- Represented ChyronHego Corporation in its $120 million acquisition by Vector Capital Partners
- Represented Chyron Corporation in its acquisition of Hego Aktiebolag
- Represented Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. in its $600 million acquisition by PerkinElmer Corporation
- Represented Coley Pharmaceutical Group, Inc. in its $164 million acquisition by Pfizer Inc.
- Represented Targacept, Inc. in its merger with Catalyst Biosciences, Inc.
- Represented RegenMedTX, LLC in its acquisition by a private equity firm
- Represented EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. in its acquisition of Bioceros Holding B.V.
- Represented Bank of America – Merrill Lynch in a $138 million follow-on offering by Puma Biotechnology, Inc.
- Represented OvaScience, Inc. in a $50 million follow-on offering
- Represented OXiGENE, Inc. in multiple follow-on offerings
- Represented MELA Sciences, Inc. in a $10 million follow-on offering
- Represented NeuroMetrix, Inc. in multiple follow-on offerings
- Represented Coley Pharmaceutical Group in its $102.6 million initial public offering
- Represented Targacept, Inc. in its $40.7 million initial public offering
- Represent H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC in multiple follow-on offerings by biotechnology issuers
Recognition & Awards
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Healthcare: Life Sciences (2020); Capital Markets: Equity (2021)
- Casa Myrna: Recipient of Norman Knight Charitable Foundation Award (2014)
- Women’s Business Boston: Top 10 Corporate Lawyers (2010)
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly: Top Women of Law (2010)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Member, Boston Bar Association Council
- Corporate Board Committee, The Boston Club
- Life Sciences Council, Springboard Enterprises
- Board of Directors, Wellesley College Business Leadership Council
- Board of Directors, Greater Boston Legal Services
- Curriculum Committee, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)
- Board of Directors, Pine Street Inn, a nonprofit organization that is New England’s largest resource for homeless men and women
- Co-chair, Boston Bar Foundation John & Abigail Adams Benefit (2016)
- Past Chair, Board of Directors, Casa Myrna, a nonprofit organization located in Boston that is working to end domestic violence in the lives of women and children
- Past Co-chair, Boston Bar Association Business Transactions Section and Securities Law Committee