Nicole’s practice focuses on complex corporate litigation, with an emphasis on consumer fraud, online and telephone marketing, false advertising, and regulatory and statutory compliance issues. Nicole regularly advises clients in all stages of litigation, from pre-litigation counseling and investigation through discovery, dispositive motion practice, trial, and appeals. She has extensive experience successfully taking and defending depositions, arguing motions, and resolving matters through mediation and arbitration.
Nicole’s clients regard her as strategic and creative; they trust her common sense approach to problem-solving and appreciate her professional dedication and zealous advocacy of their interests.
Prior to joining Mintz, Nicole worked at a global law firm where she handled cases from inception to resolution, reaching favorable outcomes for her clients in dozens of matters. Nicole also previously served as a judicial intern for the Honorable M. Hannah Lauck at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- William and Mary Law School (JD)
- University of California - San Diego (BA)
- Defeated class certification in a consumer product matter, where plaintiff alleged false advertising claims on basis of nonfunctional slack-fill in product’s container
- Prepared successful Motions to Dismiss in various class actions, including:
- Mackinnon v. Hof's Hut Rests., Inc., Eastern District of California
- Dillion v. Wingstop Restaurants, Inc., Southern District of California
- Summary judgment granted in class action matter alleging violation of California’s Health Studio Services Act
- Obtained multiple favorable settlements in class actions involving violations of the TCPA, as well as website inaccessibility issues under the ADA
- Counseled corporate clients to ensure compliance with telemarketing laws and the ADA
Recognition & Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star: Class Action (2020)