Nili helps health care clients understand and navigate the regulatory environment in order to maximize their business opportunities. She draws on her knowledge of federal and state laws to help clients structure complex transactions and enter into professional services, consulting services and other arrangements that reduce their risk of liability under intricate regulatory frameworks such as corporate practice of medicine, anti-kickback, and self-referral (Stark) laws.
Nili counsels hospitals, large and small group practices, community-based providers of behavioral health and social services, managed care organizations and emerging companies in connection with various health care transactional matters such as joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and affiliations, primarily within New York’s heavily regulated environment. With a deep understanding of the health care industry, Nili oversees comprehensive diligence of target companies and offers practical, creative solutions that lead to successfully closed deals for her clients.
Nili also regularly advises her health care clients on state and federal regulatory compliance matters, including with respect to the corporate practice of medicine, telemedicine, and fraud and abuse. Nili regularly advises tax-exempt hospital systems with medical staff matters, provider and third party payor contracts, executive compensation and corporate governance issues, consults with teaching hospitals and academic medical centers on ACGME accreditation issues, represents physicians undergoing professional misconduct investigations and proceedings, and assists specialty providers, including dialysis centers, adult care facilities and licensed home care services agencies with their New York certificate of need applications.
- Brooklyn Law School (JD)
- New York University (BA)
- Represented multiple managed care organizations in the sale and acquisition of commercial, Medicare and Medicaid plans.
- Represented a national behavioral health managed care organization in its initiative to staff employer-based clinics in 42 states with behavioral health care providers.
- Served as regulatory counsel in connection with an acquisition of a dental discount plan.
- Represented one of the largest kidney care providers in multiple joint venture arrangements, acquisitions and divestitures in New York and nationwide.
- Served as transactional counsel in the sale of renowned New York City pediatric ophthalmic practice.
- Served as regulatory counsel to a large hospital system in connection with the sale of its outreach laboratory to a national laboratory service provider.
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: New York – Healthcare (2018-2020)
- Included on the New York Super Lawyers Rising Star: Health Care list (2014 - 2015)
- Best Lawyers in America: Health Care Law (2020-2021)
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, American Healthcare Lawyers Association