Radhika advises clients on regulatory and compliance matters before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and state regulatory commissions and advocates for her clients’ interests in federal and state regulatory proceedings. Her practice also includes counseling in connection with communications-related litigation and consumer protection laws, such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Her clients include telecommunications providers, cable operators, media companies, and equipment manufacturers.
Radhika graduated with honors from the University of Michigan Law School. While in law school, Radhika was a Symposium Editor of the University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform.
- University of Michigan (JD, cum laude)
- University of California - Berkeley (BA)
Cable & Telecom Transactions
- Represented TPG Global in its $2.365 billion acquisition of Wave Broadband in 2018 to create the sixth largest cable operator in the country, changing the nature of the company from a small, relatively unknown competitor to one of the most powerful cable operators in the country.
- Represented TPG Global in its acquisition from Oak Hill Capital Partners and GI Partners of two cable operators, RCN Telecom Services, LLC and Grande Communications Networks, LLC. The firm acted as regulatory counsel for TPG, advising on the pre-purchase due diligence, preparing and filing applications for regulatory approval of the transaction by the FCC and state and local governments, and shepherding those applications through the approval process until completion and closing.
- Helped Trimble Inc., a major manufacturer of GPS equipment, defend against a threat by an entity that wished to propose a service in adjacent frequency spectrum that would have endangered the reception of GPS signals.
- Advise and advocate for numerous clients on the use and allocation of spectrum related to the Internet of Things (IoT) and commercial mobile service.
- Counsel cable operators and utilities on TCPA regulation and reform to ensure marketing and informational campaigns are compliant with FCC requirements.
Franchising & Rights-of-Way Issues
- Advise a large, multi-system cable operator on state and local cable requirements concerning customer notice, consumer protection, and product launches.