Ryan focuses his practice on health care transactional, compliance, and governance matters. He represents clients across the health care industry, including physician organizations and nonprofit health care organizations.
Prior to joining Mintz, Ryan was a corporate associate at a Boston-based law firm, where he assisted with sales of medical companies and advised a health nonprofit on governance matters.
While earning his JD, Ryan served as a law clerk for an international law firm, where he worked on a broad range of corporate matters, including reviewing loan agreements for transactions and assisting with due diligence. He also served as a legal intern in the Office of Legal Counsel at NYU Langone Health, where he researched local, state, and national health care regulations and assisted with litigation. In law school, Ryan earned his JD with a concentration in Health Law & Policy. He served as a research assistant for professors teaching health law as well as bioethics and the law courses and a teaching assistant in a criminal law course.
Before law school, Ryan worked as a patient navigator for a community AIDS center in New York City, where he connected HIV+ individuals to case management, medical staff, and supportive services.
Past events Ryan has spoken at:
- Panelist, Becoming an Active Ally with a Focus on Allyship with Transgender Colleagues: How to Get Involved, Stay Involved, and Educate Others About Racial and Social Injustice, International Association of Defense Counsel, Webinar (1.20.2022)
- Moderator, Amplifying Unheard Voices Program: Perspectives of Trans and Gender Nonconforming Attorneys, Organizers and Advocates of Color, Boston Bar Association, Webinar (6.28.2021)
- Panelist, Trans Workplace Inclusion Series: Learning from Lived Experience Panel, Pride In Our Workplace, Webinar (5.20.2021)
- Panelist, Implementing Gender-Inclusive Workplace Policies for Meaningful Inclusion of Transgender Talent, Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals (November 2020)
New California Mental Health and Addiction Treatment Laws
May 4, 2023 | Blog | By Lara Compton, Kathryn Edgerton, Ryan Rasdall
OIG Issues Favorable Advisory Opinion on Gift Cards to Incentivize Patients to Return Samples for At-Home Colorectal Cancer Screening
April 4, 2023 | Blog | By Rachel Yount, Ryan Rasdall
Massachusetts to End Public Health Emergency
March 23, 2023 | Blog | By Ryan Rasdall
Mintz Health Law: What We Are Grateful For
January 11, 2023 | Podcast | By Bridgette Keller
Health Care Workforce Shortages Persist in Massachusetts and the United States
November 22, 2022 | Blog | By Ryan Rasdall
Events & Speaking
Real Advice About Finding And Living Your Professional Truth
The LGBTQ+ Bar
- Member, American Health Law Association
- Treasurer, Jim Collins Foundation
- Member, The Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Fenway Health Board of Visitors