Sid is a debt financing corporate attorney with experience representing private equity sponsors, direct lenders, financial institutions and corporate borrowers in a variety of complex domestic and cross-border secured and unsecured financing transactions, including asset-based working capital facilities, committed acquisition financings, senior secured credit facilities, and convertible debt financings.
Prior to joining Mintz, Sid was an associate in the US finance and restructuring practice of a global law firm, where he focused on representing multi-national banks and lenders in cross-border secured lending transactions and providing creditor and debtor representation in corporate restructurings, out-of-court workouts and bankruptcy-related litigation matters.
Sid has also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Robert D. Drain of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in a $85 million term loan facility and in a $35 million revolving facility with two separate secured lenders in connection with the acquisition of a paper products manufacturing company.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in a $10 million term loan facility in connection with a national expansion of private dental practices.
- Represented a financial advisory company in connection with a $50 million general corporate term loan facility.
- Represented a national bank in multiple term loan facilities through which the bank provided secured financing to hedge funds to bridge their capital call commitments.
- Represented a state sponsored specialized financial institution that works with start-ups in developing clean energy markets and sustainable energy systems in a $10 million receivables financing facility for a company in the business of installing energy efficient equipment in commercial buildings.
- Represented a corporate borrower in the business of manufacturing precision machines in a $25 million receivables financing facility.
- Represented a rooftop urban agricultural farming company in a $150 million secured delayed draw term loan and acquisition financing transaction in which a large private equity sponsor served as a lead arranger and an administrative agent.
- Represented a start-up shoe and apparel company in a $50 million secured revolving financing facility in which JPMorgan Chase served as a secured lender.
- Represented several start-up companies in multiple recurring revenue based revolving credit facilities.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in a $25 million secured acquisition financing facility through which the private equity sponsor acquired dental practices across United States.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in a $25 million secured acquisition financing facility through which the private equity sponsor acquired manufacturers and designers of water sports equipment.
- Represented a state sponsored specialized financial institution that works with start-ups in developing clean energy markets and sustainable energy systems in a $10 million receivables financing facility for a company in the electric vehicles space.
- Represented a privately held investment adviser/broker-dealer company in a $50 million general corporate working capital revolving credit facility.
News & Press
Mintz Advises Muse Group on Combination with Hal Leonard and Growth Investment by Francisco Partners
December 19, 2023
Recognition & Awards
The National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges: The Honorable Cornelius Blackshear Presidential Fellow (September 2018)