Verna focuses her practice on corporate transactional matters, including corporate formation, growth financing, and stock and asset acquisitions. In particular, she advises numerous clients in the energy sector, including energy project developers and investors, and technology companies in the renewable energy generation, energy storage, and water technology industries. In addition to her corporate formation and financing work, Verna regularly advises renewable energy and energy storage developers and sponsors in connection with the development, acquisition, sale, and financing of utility- and distributed-scale projects and project portfolios.
Verna is also actively involved in the ESG and impact investing community and frequently advises companies with respect to their impact and sustainability goals.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (JD)
- University of Pittsburgh (BA, summa cum laude)
- Represented a leading global private equity fund in connection with a $110M equity investment in development-stage utility-scale energy storage projects in the United States and Canada.
- Sell-side counsel to a developer of community solar projects in New York in connection with the sale of multiple project portfolios.
- Borrower counsel on the financing of a solar project portfolio spanning 14 sites in 3 states.
- Represented a water technology company in various growth financings to expand and finance operations in North America, South America, and Asia.
- Represented a solar panel technology company with respect to general corporate matters and early stage financing.
- Member, South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston
- Member, New England Women in Energy and the Environment
- Member, Women Investing for a Sustainable Economy (WISE)