Institutional Investor Class Action Recovery
Satisfying Your Fiduciary Obligations by Maximizing Your Recoveries
There is no practice like ours.
Every year, millions of dollars from securities and antitrust class actions and regulatory settlements go unrecovered. We've helped clients obtain $8 billion in recoveries from class actions and regulatory settlements in the last ten years.
Mintz Obtains Maximum Recoveries for Institutional Clients in Household Securities Case - Over $400 Million in Judgments
Mintz has represented mutual funds, institutional investors, public pension funds, trusts, investment advisors, and individuals as claimants in thousands of cases, both foreign and domestic. Our team handles approximately 350 cases concurrently and averages millions a month in recoveries.
Are you missing out? We'll leverage our experience and skill to help you fulfill your fiduciary duty to pursue and maximize recoveries. Our attorneys monitor securities class actions in the United States and worldwide as well as SEC and other regulatory investor settlements to help you identify opportunities. And we negotiate the legal complexities of your case from start to finish — reviewing any claims letters and releases you're required to sign; addressing any deficiencies, safety audits, or rejections; and communicating with class counsel, the SEC, receivers, and court-appointed claims administrators, as appropriate, to ensure we're on track and in regulatory compliance.
For more information on our results and analysis, see our Class Action Filings, Class Action Recoveries and Foreign Cases and Opt-Out Opportunities Analyzed from 2017-2019.
- Monitor pending and settled securities class actions in the US & worldwide
- Monitor SEC & other regulatory investor settlements, many of which aren't widely publicized
- Evaluate transactions; provide an independent analysis of the pros & cons of filing individual US actions or participating in foreign actions
- Advise you on whether to object to proposed settlements or attorneys’ fees applications
- Advise you on whether to opt out of the class and file an independent action
- Prepare and file proofs of claim in a timely and accurate fashion
- Unparalleled knowledge of the claims process, including extensive experience with claims services as well as objections, opt outs, and international cases
- Sensitive to fiduciary duties as well as the need to comply with regulations, including the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Practice Chair Peter Saparoff frequently speaks and writes on securities matters and has authored hundreds of articles and papers. His practice has focused for many years on institutional investors as plaintiffs and claimants.
- Our Institutional Investor Class Action Recovery Blog provides insight, news, and analysis for mutual funds, investment advisors, and institutional investors