Kevin engages in an expansive array of litigation matters, including construction, real estate, securities, class action, insurance, and complex business litigation. He represents and counsels individuals and businesses, both large and small, in all stages of litigation, arbitration, mediation, negotiations, commercial disputes, and contracting. Kevin constantly strives to provide his clients with an efficient, tireless and responsive approach aimed towards avoiding litigation when possible.
With prior experience as a project management operational consultant at a boutique mechanical engineering subcontracting firm and a large commercial real estate company, Kevin understands the inner workings of both large and small companies—providing a well-informed perspective for clients facing construction and real estate litigation. Moreover, Kevin has extensive experience in matters concerning commercial litigation, securities litigation, Massachusetts’ lobbying laws, institutional class action recovery, and complex insurance coverage analysis and disputes.
Kevin is also actively engaged in Mintz’s pro bono efforts. As Mintz’s chair of the “Lawyer for the Day” pro bono program at Boston’s Housing Court, Kevin provides legal representation in civil matters to low-income tenants seeking resolution of disputes with their landlords.
While in law school, Kevin held the position of Online Editor of the New England Law Review, and was three-time recipient of both the Dean’s Scholarship and the New England Scholar Award. Kevin also ranked highest among his classmates in the courses of Labor Law, Negotiation, Massachusetts Practice and Procedure, Family Law, and Commercial Real Estate Capstone. Prior to law school, Kevin attended Trinity College, where he captained the NESCAC champion Trinity College Baseball Team and graduated as a member of Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society in Social Sciences.
Outside of the office, Kevin is a regular participant in the Mintz hockey team’s weekly game, as well as a contributor to local charitable events for the armed services, and juvenile diabetes and cancer research.
- New England Law (JD, magna cum laude)
- Trinity College (BA, Economics)
- Represented an international theater venue operator in litigation against contractors, design professionals and a steel testing company for defective design and construction of a theater. Action initiated in state court and successfully resolved in mediation more than two years before anticipated trial date.
- Represents owners, both large and small, in mediation and arbitration concerning construction and design defects.
- Coordinates discovery and expert investigation and analysis in complex class action, securities, and construction litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Represented an owner in defense of a claim by a commercial tenant that the facility was not SCIF compliant.
- Represents a wide variety of individuals and commercial entities in connection with alleged violations of M.G.L. ch. 93A.
- Coordinated discovery and trial preparation in connection with a client’s alleged violations of federal securities laws.
- Advised clients on land use matters, including complex zoning analysis in connection with the purchase and sale of commercial real estate.
- Represents a large real estate developer in matters pertaining to construction documents for its project in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Chair of Mintz’s Pro Bono Housing Court Program
- Participant Captain for the “Lawyers, Bring Us Your Briefs Charity Drive,” providing undergarments to the homeless population of Boston (2015)
- Member, Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society
- Trinity College baseball team representative, Team Impact, a nonprofit that pairs children with life-threatening diseases with local college teams (2011 – 2012)
- Frequent contributor to local charitable events for the armed services (e.g. Boston Marine Corps Honor Run), and juvenile diabetes and cancer research (e.g. Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk for a Cure, Pan Mass Challenge, and Boston Marathon)