Life Sciences and Health Care
- Represented HealthpointCapital portfolio OrthoSpace, Ltd. in its sale to Stryker Corporation
- Represented AMN Healthcare , Inc. in its acquisition of Silversheet, Inc.
- Represented HealthpointCapital in its acquisition of a controlling interest in CrossRoads Extremity Systems LLC.
- Represented QIAGEN N.V. in multiple transactions, including its $260M acquisition of the digital pcr assets of Formulatrix, Inc., its $234M strategic partnership with NeuMoDx Molecular, Inc., its $105M acquisition of Ingenuity Systems, Inc., as well as its $97.5M acquisition of SA Biosciences Corporation.
- Represented Brooks Automation, Inc. in multiple transactions, including its $450M acquisition of GENEWIZ and its $125M acquisition of BioStorage Technologies, Inc.
- Represented Myriad Genetics, Inc. in multiple acquisitions, including its $375M acquisition of Counsyl, its $225M acquisition of Assurex Health, as well as its $270M acquisition of Crescendo Bioscience, Inc.
- Served as regulatory counsel to a consortium of investors led by TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in their $4.1B acquisition of Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
- Represented Molecular Templates, Inc. in its merger with Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Represented Albireo Pharma, Inc. in its merger with Biodel Inc.
- Represented MicroDental, Inc., a portfolio company of HealthpointCapital, in its sale to Modern Dental Group Limited; previously represented the company in its acquisition of Cosmo Dental Laboratory Incorporated.
- Served as IP Counsel to Johnson & Johnson in its $4.32B acquisition of Abbot Medical Optics.
- Represented Synta Pharmaceuticals in its merger with Madrigal Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented Blue Belt Holdings, Inc. in its $275M merger with Smith & Nephew.
- Represented Emory University in its joint venture with two clinical diagnostic testing companies, Eurofins Genomic Clinical Diagnostics US Holdings, Inc. and EGL Genetic Diagnostics LLC.
- Represented Naurex Inc. in its $560M merger with Allergan plc.
- Represented Targacept, Inc. in its merger with Catalyst Biosciences.
- Represented Nicox S.A. in its acquisition of Aciex Therapeutics, Inc.
- Represented Allegro Diagnostics Corp. in its sale to Veracyte, Inc.
- Represented MabVax Therapeutics Holdings, Inc. in its merger with Telik, Inc.
- Represented Beacon Endoscopic in its merger with Covidien LP.
- Represented Lotus Tissue Repair in its merger with Shire.
- Represented Piramal Healthcare Limited in its $635M acquisition of Decision Resources Group.
- Represented Pluromed Inc. in its sale to Sanofi.
- Represented Boston Biomedical in its sale to Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd. for $200M up front, $540M in development milestones for its two clinical-stage programs, and approximately $1.9B in commercial milestones.
- Represented Evotec AG and Galapagos NV in its acquisition of Compound Focus, Inc.
- Represented Alphatec Holdings, Inc. in its $120.2M acquisition of Scient'x Groupe SAS.
- Served as IP Counsel to Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd. in its $2.55B acquisition of Sepracor Inc.
- Represented ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARIA), a global oncology company, in obtaining a $200M synthetic-royalty financing from PDL BioPharma, Inc. (NASDAQ:PDLI).
- Represented Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated in its $400M acquisition of ViroChem Pharma, Inc.
Energy & Sustainability
- Represented Greentech Capital Advisors Securities, LLC as financial advisor to TerraForm Global in its sale to Brookfield Renewable Partners’, an owner and operator of clean energy power plants, for a total net investment of $750 million.
- Represented Greentech Media, Inc., which delivers renewable energy news, market analysis, and conferences that inform and connect players in the global clean tech energy market, in the sale of its business to Woods Mackenzie (Verisk Analytics, Inc.).
- Represented Altenex, the energy management network used by Fortune 1000 companies, universities and municipalities to source clean power for their power portfolios, in its merger with Edison Energy (NYSE:EIX).
- Represented HydroPoint Data Systems, the market and technology leader in smart water management, in its acquisition of Baseline Irrigation Solutions.
- Represented Stifel Nicolaus (NYSE:SF) as a financial adviser in the merger between Consolidated Coal Company and Murray Energy Corporation, the largest privately owned coal company in the United States.
- Represented First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR), a leading global provider of comprehensive photovoltaic (PV) solar systems, in its acquisition of TetraSun Inc.
- Represented Solarflare Communications, Inc. in its sale to Xilinx.
- Represented Dassault Systèmes in multiple transactions, including its $425M acquisition of IQMS, Inc. and its acquisition of No Magic Incorporated.
- Represented Ramland Holdings in connection with the sale of a data center in Orangeburg, New York.
- Represented Time Inc. in numerous transactions, including its spin-off from Time Warner, the acquisitions of Adelphic Inc. (an automated advertising buying platform); Viant Technology, Inc. (a people-based advertising technology company); Drive and Fast Lane Daily (two automotive focused YouTube channels); the formation of SI Play and the related acquisition of Faster Than Monkeys, Inc., (a software sports application company); the acquisition of Cozi, Inc. (an organizing application for families); the acquisition and subsequent disposition of inVNT (a global brand communications agency focused on experiential advertising); the sale of Essence Communications Inc.; and various investments (2014-2018).
- Represented Motus in its sale to Thoma Bravo.
- Represented Administrative Software Applications, Inc. in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented ATN International, Inc., the parent company of Sovernet Communications, in Sovernet's acquisition by Oak Hill Capital Partners and in its $145M acquisition of the membership interests of Caribbean Assets Holdings LLC, the holding company for the Innovative Group of companies operating cable TV, Internet and landline services primarily in the U.S. Virgin Islands from the National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation.
- Represented Stran Technologies Inc. in its sale to Corning Incorporated.
- Represented Netsmart Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of HealthMEDX .
- Represented Right Networks in selling a controlling interest in the company to BV Investment Partners (BV).
- Represented Buildium in its strategic investment from Sumeru Equity Partners.
- Represented Vringo, Inc. in its acquisition of International Development Group.
- Represented Visible World, Inc. in its merger with Comcast Cable Communications, LLC.
- Represented Chyron Corporation in its acquisition of Hego Group to form ChyronHego and later represented the company in its $120M merger with Vector Capital Partners.
- Represented Enviance in its merger with Battery Ventures.
Financial Services & Insurance
- Represented John Hancock Financial Network Inc., a division of Manulife, in its acquisition of Transamerica Financial Advisors Inc.
- Represented Beacon Consulting Group in its merger with Accenture.
- Represented Rapid Manufacturing Group, LLC in its sale to Proto Labs.
- Represented Morgenthaler Private Equity in its recapitalization of Voeller Mixers, Inc. and in its recapitalization of Trachte, Inc.
- Represented Corinthian Capital Group, LLC in the sale of Texas-based Friedrich Air Conditioning Co., Ltd., one of the private equity firm’s portfolio companies, to another New York–based private equity firm.
- Represented Hitachi America Ltd. in its acquisition of IMS Partners Incorporated.
Retail & Consumer Products
- Represented a large single family office in its co-investment in a leading operator of luxury health clubs.
- Represented Jacqueline's Gourmet Cookies in its sale to a large strategic acquirer.
- Represented Form Holdings (NASDAQ: FH) in its acquisition of XpresSpa, an airport spa business.
- Represented Seventh Generation, Inc., a pioneer in corporate responsibility and sustainable product innovations, including plant-based detergents and household cleaners, in its sale to Unilever; the firm previously represented the company in its acquisition of Move Collective LLC, a green consumer goods company.
- Represented a group of confidential parties in their acquisition of Barry's Bootcamp Holdings, LLC, a fitness platform.
- Represented a sports apparel company in a merger with another sports lifestyle brand.
- Represented Wolf-Gordon, Inc. / Corinthian Capital Group, LLC in its merger with Saw Mill Capital, a middle market private equity firm.
- Served as Co-Counsel to Clarion Capital Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Cross Accessory Division of A.T. Cross Company, a global branded accessories company and later represented Clarion Capital Partners, LLC and A.T. Cross Company in the acquisition of Sheaffer, a manufacturer of writing instruments
- Represented The Paper Store, LLC, a chain of specialty gift stores, in its equity recapitalization with private equity firm WestView Capital Partners.
- Represented Frette Srl., a luxury bed and bath linens company, in its acquisition by private equity firm Change Capital Partners.
- Represented Committed Capital Acquisition Corporation in its reverse merger transaction with The One Group LLC (NASDAQ:STKS).
- Represented Next Generation Children’s Centers, a family-owned business, in its merger with Cadence Education, Inc.
- Represented Edgile, Inc., a cybersecurity consulting firm, in connection with a minority investment transaction with ABRY Partners.
- Represented McNally Capital in its acquisition of Government Sourcing Solutions, LLC, a leading consulting firm for state and local governments.
Transportation, Shipping & Logistics
- Represented GPB Capital in its acquisition of a majority equity stake in Prime Motor Group.
- Represented Boreas Holdings, an independent aviation company, in its merger with Inland Technologies Inc.
A New York private equity team at Mintz helped Corinthian Capital Group, LLC sell North American air conditioning manufacturer Friedrich Air Conditioning Co., Ltd. to Monomoy Capital Partners in 2016. Mintz previously represented Corinthian in its acquisition of Friedrich and other deals.
Mintz and Mergermarket produced a comprehensive report on recent M&A activity in the life sciences sector. We asked 100 US-based executives to share what motivated their latest transaction and their post-closing integration experiences.
Mintz analyzed PitchBook data to produce an in-depth report on the record rise in special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) fundraising in the US since 2020 and the recent increase in SPAC merger activity. We also explore how SPACs could evolve and litigation challenges to SPAC IPOs and transactions.
Mintz represented Kelly Slater Wave Co. when the wave pool company was acquired by World Surf League Holdings. Corporate attorneys lead the deal, assisted by attorneys in the patent and trademark, Antitrust, and Tax practices. Mintz currently represents Kelly Slater on all of its IP matters.
Mintz's Certified Privacy Professionals have been helping clients maximize the value of their data for more than 15 years. During transactions and M&A deals, Mintz attorneys advise sellers and buyers on data privacy and security risks and help them maximize the value of their data.
Mintz is advising DeepGreen Metals Inc., a company developing a new source of electric vehicle battery metals from polymetallic nodules found on the seafloor, in its proposed merger with Sustainable Opportunities Acquisition Corporation, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) focused on ESG.
Mintz is acting as legal advisor to Quantum-SI Incorporated, developer of a pioneering semiconductor chip to sequence proteins, in its proposed business combination with HighCape Capital Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) sponsored by growth equity investment firm HighCape Capital LP.
Mintz is advising Vicarious Surgical Inc., a robotics company developing technology that combines human-like surgical robots and virtual reality to perform minimally invasive surgery, in a pending merger with special purpose acquisition company D8 Holdings Corp. that is expected to deliver up to $460 million in gross proceeds.
Mintz is serving as legal advisor to Butterfly Network Inc., an innovative digital health company, in its proposed merger with Longview Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) sponsored by Glenview Capital Management, LLC.
Mintz represented clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company Naurex Inc., which develops therapies for central nervous system disorders, in its acquisition by global pharmaceutical company Allergan PLC for $560 million plus potential milestone payments. Naurex’s platform was spun out into a new company.
Mintz represented SeedInvest in its acquisition by Circle Internet Financial Limited, a Goldman Sachs–backed, global crypto finance company with multiple products in crypto investing, payments, and trading.
The Mintz PE team has served as MPE’s trusted advisor in several key transactions. In September, Mintz represented the client in the sale of its portfolio company, Trachte USA, to a private fund associated with Palladium Equity Partners.
Mintz advised Seventh Generation, a maker of environmentally friendly household cleaning products, from its beginnings as a catalog company through its evolution into a leading “green” company. Mintz also represented the company in its sale to Unilever.
Mintz has represented a private equity-backed managed healthcare services company amid its initial formation and capitalization, add-on acquisitions, and debt and equity financing rounds. Mintz helped the company secure $1 billion+ of syndicated credit facilities for a game-changing acquisition.
Mintz guided a Fortune 50 corporation through a joint investigation by the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Competition and Bureau of Consumer Protection that included civil investigative demands and hearings. The corporation’s merger was preserved, and none of its actions was challenged.
View our new report for insights on emerging trends and opportunities in the private equity mid-market. Edited by Mintz’s David Conway and Katya Daniel, the report covers the shifting PE marketplace — including factors pointing to continuing deal growth.
Mintz helped consumer magazine publisher Time Inc. spin off from Time Warner in 2014. The firm has since represented Time Inc. in numerous acquisitions, dispositions, and investments.
Check out UNITED NOTIONS, a new report on M&A activity in the life sciences sector. Produced in collaboration with Mergermarket, the report provides a comprehensive look at the health of deal activity in the industry and an insightful view of current trends as compared to a year ago.