Alex focuses his practice on public finance. His work includes counseling clients on securities regulations, handling contracts, structuring and implementing complex bond transactions, and assisting public sector clients with finance-related matters.
Prior to joining Mintz, Alex was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Eric F. Melgren of the US District Court for the District of Kansas. While earning his law degree, he worked as a summer associate for law firms in Kansas City, Missouri and served as editor of the Kansas Law Journal.
Alex has an MBA and was a financial representative with Fidelity Investments before he entered the legal profession. Acting as an investment adviser and broker, he gained experience with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and the Securities Act of 1933.
- University of Kansas (MBA)
- University of Kansas (JD)
- Oklahoma State University (BSBA)
Recognition & Awards
- Invited by the US Congress to attend the National Prayer Breakfast (2014 – 2016)
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Past member, Executive Committee, Honorable Wesley E. Brown American Inn of Court (2019 – 2021)