Alyssa focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including mortgage and consumer banking cases, bankruptcy and related adversary proceedings, and class actions. She has experience in researching and drafting motions, discovery responses, and filings for federal and Massachusetts state court cases. She has also worked on matters involving the Massachusetts consumer protection law, M.G.L. c. 93A, state and federal unfair competition laws, and antitrust laws.
Prior to joining Mintz, Alyssa was an associate in the Boston office of an international law firm, where she handled litigation for a variety of clients, including a territorial instrumentality debtor. Earlier, she was an associate and summer associate in the Washington, DC office of a New York-based global law firm, where she advised clients on antitrust matters and government and internal investigations. At each of those firms, she served as a mentor to summer associates and maintained an active pro bono practice that included representing asylum seekers.
During law school, Alyssa served as an intern in the US Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division’s Office of Special Counsel for Immigration Related Unfair Employment Practices. She was also an intern in the Women’s Refugee Commission’s Washington, DC office and a law and policy intern at the Poverty & Race Research Action Council. In law school, she was the reactions editor for the Georgetown Journal of Law and Modern Critical Race Perspectives.
Before law school, Alyssa had an internship with a Massachusetts workers’ compensation law firm.
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD, cum laude)
- College of William & Mary (BA, summa cum laude)
- Successfully defended Citizens Bank against putative class allegations of aiding and abetting fraud and breach of fiduciary in connection with a $100 million Ponzi scheme. The Western District of NY dismissed the complaint, with prejudice. The dismissal was upheld by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Civil Litigation: Defense (2018-2020)
- Member, Boston Bar Association (2017 – present)
- Member, American Bar Association (2015 – present)
- Board of Directors, Alumni Association, College of William & Mary (2013 – 2016)
- Chair, Young Guarde Council, College of William & Mary (2013 – 2016)
- Former Member, Campaign Steering Committee, For the Bold, The Campaign for William & Mary (2015 – 2020)
- Former Mentor, Public Interest Fellows Program, Georgetown University Law Center (2013 – 2019)