Brad is a renewable energy attorney who advises clients in all elements of the development and financing of utility scale renewable energy projects as well as the acquisition and divestiture of projects and project portfolios. He has significant experience representing developers, sponsors, and investors in connection with the equity and financing transactions for wind, solar, and coal-fired power plants and other infrastructure projects. Brad also advises project companies and suppliers on the related commercial agreements for these projects, including EPC agreements, equipment supply agreements, services agreements, O&M and asset management agreements as well as offtake agreements for commercial scale solar projects.
Additionally, Brad advises energy storage, emerging energy technology, sustainable infrastructure, and other cleantech companies and investors in connection with mergers and acquisitions, corporate financings, and other commercial matters.
Brad has advised clients on projects throughout the United States and around the world and has significant experience working on projects in developing markets. Before joining Mintz, Brad was a senior associate in the San Francisco office of a global law firm where he focused on renewable energy projects, with a particular focus on onshore wind projects. Previously, Brad was an associate in the Bangkok, Thailand office of another global law firm where he advised developers, sponsors, and lenders in connection with the development and financing of traditional and renewable energy facilities and other infrastructure projects across Southeast Asia.
- Pepperdine University (JD)
- Claremont Graduate University (MA, magna cum laude)
- University of the Pacific (BA, cum laude)
- University of the Pacific (BS, cum laude )
Renewable Energy Projects:
- Advised investor in its successful acquisition of a 49% interest in two solar PV projects in Utah and Texas with an aggregate capacity of 403 MW.
- Advised developer in connection with the development and financing of four solar generation facilities in Oregon with an aggregate capacity of 40 MW.
- Represented a large wind turbine manufacturer in connection with wind turbine supply and warranty agreements, services agreements, supply and installation agreements, and master supply agreements for the supply of thousands of MWs of wind turbines to projects across the United States and Canada.
- Represented a regional development bank as lender’s counsel in the financing for a 10 MW solar project in Cambodia, Cambodia’s first large-scale PV solar power plant.
- Advised subsidiary of a leading European independent power producer in the negotiation of offtake agreements for commercial and industrial solar projects in Thailand and Singapore.
- Advised a Southeast Asian energy company in relation to the acquisition of an equity interest and continued development of a portfolio of over 100 MW of solar energy facilities in Japan and Laos.
- Advised developer in connection with the development and financing of an approximately 13.8 MW wind farm in Thailand.
Conventional Power Generation:
- Represented sponsors and project company as equity and financing counsel in the development and financing of an approximately US$1.2 billion, 4x138 MW coal-fired power plant in the Philippines.
- Advised sponsors counsel in connection with the US$436 million expansion financing for the second unit of a US$1.2 billion, 2x668 MW supercritical coal-fired power plant in the Philippines.
- Advised leading provider of fast power solutions in connection with lease of 68 mobile gas turbines with a net capacity of approximately 100.3 MW to the state-owned transmission company in Myanmar and subsequent large-scale power generation agreement to develop an approximately 100 MW natural gas power generation plant in Myanmar.
- Advised a Thai public energy company in its investment and joint venture arrangements in relation to the approximately 455 MW expansion to a 460 MW coal-fired power plant in the Philippines.
- Advised continuing partner and operator of a 2x300 MW subcritical coal-fired power plant and a 2x668 MW supercritical coal-fired power plant in connection with the divestment by a sponsor of its interests in both projects.
Infrastructure and Other Major Projects:
- Advised sponsor in connection with the development of an approximately US$1.9 billion, 190 kilometer expressway in Cambodia.
- Advised developer in the negotiation and development of a term sheet for the joint development and investment by an international consortium in an international airport and land reclamation project in Southeast Asia.
- Advised US-based private equity firm in connection with the combined equity and debt financing in an approximately $600 million mixed-use skyscraper and adjacent retail building project in Bangkok, Thailand and subsequent divestment upon project completion.
- Advised European airline catering company in connection with its partnership with state-owned airport company in West Africa for the development of a new catering facility at the main international airport.