Charles is a corporate attorney who draws on in-house experience with a global asset management company to advise clients on a broad range of legal, contractual, and regulatory issues. He has experience drafting and negotiating commercial and financial agreements and counseling clients on contractual disputes, compliance matters, and risk management issues. He works with clients across the financial services sector, including private equity funds, and a variety of other industries.
Prior to joining Mintz, Charles was vice president and counsel at an international financial services and asset management company, where he assisted asset managers, mutual funds, and private equity funds with agreements and advised business units on legal issues and contract disputes. He also co-founded, established, and co-chaired the company’s Legal Diversity and Inclusion Program, an initiative focused on increasing diversity within the department and engagement with external organizations focused on diversity and inclusion. Earlier, as an assistant district attorney in the Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office in Massachusetts, Charles handled jury and bench trials as well as criminal appeals.
While attending law school, Charles interned with a Massachusetts-based office supplies and technology retailer, where he worked on SEC filings and non-disclosure agreements, and a utility company, in a role that involved researching and drafting memoranda on litigation and real estate issues. He also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Kenneth V. Desmond Jr., who was then an Associate Justice of the Massachusetts Superior Court, and a Consumer Law Fellow with the Massachusetts Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation.
In law school, Charles served as the chief case comment editor for the Journal of Health & Biomedical Law.
- Suffolk University Law School (JD)
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst (BS)
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly: Up & Coming Lawyer Honoree (2021)
- National Tax Moot Court Competition, Semifinalist (2014)
- The Irving R. Kaufman Memorial Securities Law Moot Court Competition, Finalist (2014)
- The Irving R. Kaufman Memorial Securities Law Moot Court Competition, Second Place Appellate Brief (2014)
- Board Member, Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Member, Association of Corporate Counsel
- Glass Leadership Institute, Anti-Defamation League (2017)