Daniel is a skilled corporate and transactional lawyer who regularly represents technology-based companies, principally in the areas of biotechnology, medical technologies, healthcare IT, and other technology sectors. He routinely counsels these clients on many aspects of their corporate development, from initial organization and acquisition of technology, through private and public financings, to strategic alliances and business combination transactions. Having previously served in-house at a technology company, Daniel is deeply conversant with the legal needs of companies at different stages of their life cycle.
Daniel’s practice involves all aspects of corporate and transactional law and general business representation, including mergers and acquisitions; equity, debt, and convertible debt financings; and general business counseling. He represents both public and private US companies in a wide variety of industries on an ongoing basis. He also represents foreign companies with respect to US acquisitions and securities laws.
Daniel has overseen EB-5 offerings for clients across various sectors, with particular experience in the transactional, corporate, and securities compliance components of EB-5 transactions. Daniel also counsels clients on the full range of securities laws and regulations that impact EB-5 offerings, with particular attention to Regulation S and D compliance. With a robust background in corporate and securities law, Daniel works with clients in the EB-5 space to make deals happen while assisting those clients with securities law compliance.
Before joining the firm, Daniel served as associate general counsel for a public information technology company and its public and private controlled subsidiaries. There, he negotiated and advised management with respect to mergers, acquisitions, share exchanges, and private placements. He also advised the board of directors on corporate governance matters. He previously worked in the corporate section of another large Boston law firm, primarily representing clients in the technology industries.
While attending law school, Daniel served as a summer law clerk at the Office of the US Trustee of the US Department of Justice. There, he reviewed Chapter 11 petitions, debtor monthly operating reports, disclosure statements, and plans of reorganization.
- Boston College (JD)
- Boston College (MBA)
- Bentley College (BS)
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented QIAGEN N.V. in the $260M acquisition of the digital pcr assets of Formulatrix, Inc.
- Represented QIAGEN N.V. in its $234M strategic partnership with NeuMoDx Molecular, Inc.
- Represented Dassault Systèmes in its $425M acquisition of IQMS, Inc.
- Represented Dassault Systèmes in its acquisition of No Magic, Incorporated
- Represented Mitra RxDx (dba Mitra Biotech) in its $40M financing led by Northpond Ventures, and included Accel, Sequoia Capital, Sands Capital Ventures, and RA Capital Management
- Represented Endotronix, Inc. in its $40M Series D financing led by LSP, investing from its LSP Health Economics Fund 2, and included Aperture Venture Partners, BioVentures Investors, Lumira Ventures, OSF Ventures, Seroba Life Sciences, SV Health Investors, Wanxiang Healthcare Investments, and an unnamed corporate strategic investor
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts (Up and Coming) – Corporate/M&A (2013 – 2015)
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Associations