Denzel focuses his practice on guiding clients, particularly sponsors of venture capital and private equity funds, through various complex corporate transactions. His experience also includes advising clients on securities regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Mintz, Denzel was an associate in the Washington, DC office of a California-based global law firm. Earlier, he was an associate and law clerk at a New York-based international law firm, where he handled finance and investment management matters as well as corporate work for nonprofit organizations.
Before law school, Denzel was a litigation paralegal in the New York office of a Washington, DC-based global law firm.
Denzel is proficient in Spanish.
- New York University (JD)
- Princeton University (AB)
- Represented a Chicago-based sponsor in the formation of a more than $800 million private equity fund.
- Represented a New York–based sponsor in the formation of an $11 million health care–focused venture fund.
- Represented the portfolio company of a major private equity firm in the financing aspects of its acquisition of a chain of airport concessions.
- Represented the management team of middle-market private equity sponsor in negotiation of a separation and release agreement and formation of a new private equity firm.
- Represented an international, not-for-profit client in the structuring and documenting of the spin-off of its Nepalese branch and the negotiation of a commercial lease with a New York– based real estate management company.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the formation of a more than $6 billion growth fund focused in Asia.