Ivan focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and corporate transactions. He has particular experience with advising buyers, sellers, and investors in US and cross-border public and private business combinations, acquisitions, tender offers, and corporate control matters. His practice also encompasses joint venture and licensing transactions and recapitalizations. Ivan represents public and private companies in a variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, retailers, food & beverage, financial services, fintech, and health care.
Prior to joining Mintz, Ivan was a partner in the New York office of an international law firm, where he handled complex business deals for multinational corporations and domestic companies. He has also served as a partner and an associate at several other global law firms.
Ivan is a frequent speaker on topics related to M&A transactions and proxy contest strategies.
- Northwestern University (JD)
- Stanford University (BA)
- Represented a global credit card and financial services company in numerous M&A, joint venture, commercial, and investment transactions, including with the largest African online marketplace and a Southeast Asian ride-sharing company.
- Represented a New York–based investment management firm in a proxy contest for a NYSE-listed target company.
- Represented a leading blockchain technology company and crytocurrency trading platform in privacy, cybersecurity, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act matters.
- Represented a major US packaged-food company in a divestiture and licensing transactions.
- Represented a Pennsylvania-based investment management and advisory services company in numerous funds transactions.
- Represented a New York-based wine and spirits retailer and its investor group in joint ventures, corporate, alcoholic beverage, intellectual property, and real estate matters.
- Represented a London-based private equity firm in M&A and joint venture transactions and in portfolio company matters.
- Represented a North Carolina-based pharmaceutical research company in numerous M&A transactions and a financing.
- Represented a New Jersey-based real estate investment trust in connection with its New York Stock Exchange listing, a tender offer, and its multibillion-dollar registered stock-for-stock merger with a commercial real estate company.
- Represented a Texas-based real estate investment trust in its sale of more than a billion dollars of publicly held REIT assets to a New York–based global asset management company.
- Represented a New York–based private equity firm in its transaction with a Michigan-based health care services company.
- Represented a Cayman Islands–based asset management company’s hostile tender offer for the public securities of a multinational energy company.
- Represented a US specialty retailer in connection with a three-part merger, recapitalization, and refinancing transaction involving two financing companies and a Japanese-based retailer.
- Represented public companies in a variety of industries in takeover defense and governance matters, including for clients in the pharmaceuticals, retail, insurance, finance, and media sectors.
- Represented a French-based alcoholic beverage producer in the acquisition of a wine brand produced in California and related assets.
- Represented a Japanese trading company in its tender offer for a Norway-based salmon and trout farming company.
- Represented a Tennessee-based pharmaceuticals company in its successful hostile tender offer for a New Jersey–based pain therapeutics company.
- Represented the management of a New York–based consumer financial services company in connection with a going private tender offer for the company.
- Represented an Ohio-based pharmaceutical services company in its hostile tender offer for a Kentucky-based health care services company and the sale of its clinical research division to a private equity firm.
- Represented an India-based alcoholic beverage maker in its roll-up acquisition of a Florida-based retail wine store operator.
- Represented a California-based dietary supplement maker in its tender offer–acquisition by an India-based generic drug maker.
- Represented a US-based global entertainment conglomerate in its stock and cash acquisition of a New York–based entertainment company.
- Represented a Canadian global investment bank as dealer manager to a Maryland-based real estate investment trust in connection with the REIT’s issuer tender offer.
- Represented a Florida-based pharmaceuticals company in its merger with an Israeli generic drug maker.
- Represented a private investment firm in a transaction to purchase a controlling interest in the Elvis Presley estate.
- Represented a family foundation’s investment fund in the sale of its stake in a clothing brand to an Italian luxury fashion house.