Joshua’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions, financings, and corporate governance matters. He has experience in negotiating and drafting various types of agreements, corporate organizational and governance documents, and conducting due diligence for transactions. He also has experience in counseling clients in various industries, including technology, education, medical device, and several other industries.
Prior to joining Mintz, Joshua served as an associate and law clerk in the San Diego office of an international law firm, where he handled corporate transactions and governance matters.
While earning his law degree, Joshua served as a legal intern for the Enforcement Division of the California Department of Business Oversight and for specialty finance company Encore Capital Group. He also served as a law clerk for a San Diego-based civil litigation firm and as a judicial intern at the Superior Court of California for the now-retired Hon. Ronald S. Prager. At law school, Joshua was a certified legal intern with University of San Diego School of Law’s Civil Clinic and a member of the San Diego Law Review.
- University of San Diego School of Law (JD, summa cum laude)
- San Diego State University (BS, magna cum laude)
- Represented the sellers in a $45 million sale of all of the outstanding equity of a company that provides talent services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries.
- Represented a business intelligence technology company in a $10 million preferred stock offering.
- Assisted a company that makes software for the shipping industry with the $5 million sale of the majority of its assets.
- Represented a contact lens company in a $3.5 million preferred stock offering.
- Represented the seller in a $2.2 million sale of two beauty schools.
- Represented a shareholder in a $1 million buyout of another shareholder’s shares of stock.
Recognition & Awards
- Named to the San Diego Super Lawyers 2020 Rising Stars list for Securities & Corporate Finance
- Named to the San Diego Super Lawyers 2019 Rising Stars list for Mergers & Acquisitions
- Named to the Southern California Super Lawyers 2018 Rising Stars list
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Torts (2012)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Criminal Law (2012)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Contracts (2013)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Remedies (2013)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: International Sales Transactions (2015)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: International Trade & Investment (2015)