Laura’s practice encompasses government investigations and enforcement proceedings, white collar criminal defense, and complex litigation matters for clients in a wide variety of industries, including sports & entertainment, education, healthcare, and financial services. She has experience guiding clients through pre-litigation investigations and managing the electronic discovery process for internal investigations and government inquiries. In addition, Laura maintains an active pro bono practice, in which she counsels and represents clients in matters related to unemployment benefits, evictions, immigration, and sealing criminal records.
Prior to joining Mintz, Laura was a litigation associate and earlier a summer associate at a Boston-based full-service law firm, where she worked on a broad range of employment, securities, and white collar matters.
During and immediately after law school, Laura served as a student public defender with the Committee for Public Counsel Services of the Plymouth County Trial Office in Brockton, Massachusetts. While attending law school, she worked as a government & neighborhood affairs assistant for the Boston Red Sox. Her role involved researching legislation and permitting issues, negotiating agreements with vendors, and managing outside counsels’ work on permitting and licensing matters.
Prior to attending law school, Laura worked as an office manager and paralegal at a Boston-based boutique litigation firm that focuses on white collar criminal defense, business litigation, and appeals.
- Boston University School of Law (JD)
- Boston University (BA, cum laude)
Recognition & Awards
- Best Oralist, Edward C. Stone Moot Court Competition (2017)
- Semi-Finalist, Homer Albers Prize Moot Court Competition (2018)
- Member, Board of Directors, Massachusetts Appleseed Center for Law and Justice (2021 - present)
- Member, Programs and Professional Development Committee, Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association (2020 – present)
- Member, Membership Development Committee, Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association (2020 – present)
- New Lawyers Forum Liaison, White Collar Crime Section Steering Committee, Boston Bar Association (2020 – present)
- Member, Boston University Track & Field and Cross Country Alumni Council (2020 – present)
- Member, Women’s Leadership Program, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce (2020 – 2021)