Macklin focuses his practice on litigation, including complex commercial matters and class action defense.
Prior to joining Mintz, Macklin clerked for the Honorable Michael M. Anello of the US District Court for the Southern District of California.
While earning his law degree, Macklin worked as a summer associate at a San Diego–based law firm. In that role, he drafted pleadings and motions and assisted with discovery for litigation involving construction contracts. He also served as a judicial extern for Judge Anello, a law clerk in the Criminal Division of the US Attorney’s Office of the Southern District of California, and a judicial extern for the Honorable Martha K. Gooding in the Superior Court of California.
In law school, Macklin served as editor-in-chief of the San Diego Law Review, a teaching assistant for a Legal Writing & Research course, and a volunteer for the school’s Pro Bono Legal Advocates organization.
In addition to his practice, Macklin is an adjunct law professor at the University of San Diego School of Law, where he teaches a course on law journal editing and research.
- University of San Diego School of Law (JD, cum laude)
- University of California - Berkeley (BA)
Recognition & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Comparative Constitutional Law (2019)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Constitutional Law II (2018)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Writing & Research II (2017)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Writing & Research I (2016)
- Associate, Hon. William B. Enright Inn of Court
- Member, Federal Bar Association