Natalie is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and an award-winning trial lawyer. She is the go-to lawyer in bet-the-company cases, class actions, and complex litigation matters.
She has been recognized with such prominent awards as “Super Lawyers,” “Women in the Law,” “Top Attorneys,” and “The Best Lawyers in America.” She was the first female recipient of the prestigious Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year Award from the International Bar Association.
After graduating at the top of her class from Duke Law School, Natalie clerked for the District Court Judge Roger Benitez of the Southern District of California. She then spent many years as a litigator at the highest-ranked law firm in the nation before joining Mintz. She is a graduate of the highly selective Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College and has further honed her trial skills as a volunteer Assistant District Attorney. She has taken and defended hundreds of depositions; has argued twice before the Ninth Circuit; and has tried many cases to verdict.
Natalie is also an award-winning book author and an avid writer. She has published numerous articles in the areas of privacy law, consumer litigation, CCPA, CIPA, TCPA, biometrics, and arbitration. She is frequently quoted in the media regarding cutting-edge legal developments in the area of CCPA and privacy laws. Her works have appeared in Bloomberg, Law 360, The Recorder, and The Daily Journal. She has moderated numerous panels; presented at conferences and events on CCPA, GDPR, BIPA, and TCPA; and taught a course on Privacy at the USD Cyber Security Executive Program.
A member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Natalie assists clients with defending consumer class actions, responding to regulatory inquiries into data security practices, data breach notifications, compliance, and incident management and response. She helps with drafting and implementation of privacy policies and best practices and assessing risks associated with their privacy practices across the globe. She also defends companies in high-stakes litigation matters, insurance coverage disputes, call recording class actions, privacy cases, consumer class actions, breach-of-contract cases, and cases involving alleged violations of California’s unfair competition law, Business and Professions Code §§ 17200 et seq. Fluent in Russian and Ukrainian, Natalie brings international expertise to global companies with U.S. and international presence.
A single mom, Natalie is passionate about the advancement of women. She serves on the firm’s Women’s Initiative subcommittee and has previously served on the Board of the Mother Attorneys Mentorship Association, Couture for a Cause, and Lawyers Club.
- Duke University (JD, cum laude)
- Tulane University (MA)
- University of Southern Mississippi (BA, summa cum laude)
- Defended major pharmaceutical companies in nationwide consumer fraud class action litigation and in mass tort litigation, including serving as one of lead attorneys in charge of interviewing and retaining experts.
- Obtained a complete trial victory in a high-value multimillion-dollar real estate development litigation.
- Obtained a summary judgment victory in a high-profile lawsuit involving defamation, UCL claims, and First Amendment issues.
- Successfully defended an engine manufacturer in Diesel Engine Products Liability Litigation.
- Represented manufacturers of foods and medicine products in false advertising and California Unfair Competition claims (17200).
- Represented multinational technology corporation in a high-profile data breach matter, advising the company on data-breach notification requirements in various states, analyzing compliance issues, working closely with the government with respect to reporting obligations, and assisting with notification letters.
- Successfully defended a global entertainment company and an award-winning director in a copyright infringement case of an Oscar-winning motion picture. Matter resulted in a dismissal with prejudice at the motion-to-dismiss stage.
- Represented a global athletic apparel manufacturer in multiple state and federal matters, insurance coverage issues, and appellate issues.
- Defended small and medium-sized companies in cases involving do-not-call violations, The Junk Fax Prevention Act (JFPA), and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
- Assisted employers and employees with issues related to employee privacy issues, trade secrets, workplace monitoring and recording, and securing and return of confidential information.
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America Lawyer of the Year: Litigation - Insurance (2022)
- Best Lawyers in America: Litigation - Insurance (2015 – 2020, 2022)
- San Diego Business Journal: Next Top 40 Business Leaders Under 40 Finalist (2020)
- Top Lawyers in San Diego: Class Actions Defense (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Top Lawyers in Southern California (Los Angeles Times) (2020)
- Super Lawyers, Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney (2017, 2018)
- Women in the Law (Best Lawyers) (2016, 2017, 2018)
- San Diego Magazine: "Top Lawyers in San Diego" (2014 - 2020)
- AV Preeminent Rating (Martindale-Hubbell) (2013-2020)
- San Diego Super Lawyers: Rising Star (2015, 2016)
- Best Lawyers In San Diego (Wall Street Journal) (2016 )
- Top Attorneys (San Diego Metro Magazine) (2012)
- Top Attorneys-Insurance (San Diego Diego Transcript) (2010)
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year (International Bar Association) (2010)
- 40 Under 40 (San Diego Metro Magazine) (2009)
- Jack Berman Award of Achievement (California Bar Association) (2008)
- Publications Advisory Board Member, IAPP (2016 - 2018)
- Co-Chair, San Diego Knowledge Net Chapter, IAPP (2016 - 2018)
- Member, IAPP Women in Privacy (current)
- Past Vice President, Lawyers Club of San Diego (2012 - 2013)
- Member, Board of Directors, Lawyers Club of San Diego (2010 – 2013)
- Member, Board of Directors, Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association (2011 – 2012)
- Member, Couture for a Cause Steering Committee (2008 – 2011)
- Holocaust Reparations Project (2010 – 2012)