Bob is a prominent real estate attorney whose practice focuses on commercial real estate, most notably real estate acquisitions, finance, and complex restructurings. He represents both lender and borrower entities.
With extensive experience in the region’s real estate market, Bob leverages exceptional insight to drive value for clients through a wide variety of real estate transactions. He has significant experience representing clients in the negotiation, structuring, and documentation of acquisitions, dispositions, and co-investment transactions; the structuring of real estate joint ventures and partnerships; commercial lending, including conventional loan transactions; construction lending; preferred equity investments and mezzanine financings; hotel acquisition, financings, and development; commercial project development (including land development and negotiation of construction and development joint venture agreements); and real estate loan and investment workouts and restructurings.
He has significant experience handling institutional real estate transactions as well as all aspects of transactions involving international investments in US real estate by parties from Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Korea, and elsewhere.
In addition, Bob is the editor of the Real Estate Finance Journal, a Thompson Reuters publication.
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (BA, with honors)
Recognition & Awards
- Martindale Hubbell: Rated AV Preeminent
- Chambers USA: New York - Real Estate (2012)
- Guide to the World's Leading Real Estate Lawyers: listed as one of the world's leading lawyers
- Avenue Magazine: included on the list of Legal Elite
- Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law (2021)
- Board Member, Bideawee