Tom is an investment funds, products, and services guru who assists all types of clients with their investment goals and strategic objectives. US and international public and private companies, universities, institutional investors, and public and private funds and their managers, are on his client roster. He helps fund and advisor clients, as well as investors, choose among alternative structures for public products, private placements of equity and debt securities, venture capital investments, hedge fund alternatives, separately managed accounts and other options, and shepherds them through deals.
Tom managed the firm’s Corporate & Securities Practice for seven years. His practice deals with business, finance, and investment-related areas.
He focuses on financial and investment services and products, public and private fund formation, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and corporate and higher education finance transactions as well as business counseling. He represents US and foreign private and publicly held corporations, universities, institutional investors, and public and private investment funds and their management.
Tom advises clients on public offerings and private placements of both equity and debt securities, and acquisitions and dispositions of enterprises and strategic alliances. He also counsels clients in connection with their organization, management, and long- and short-term legal and business and financial planning strategies.
Before joining the firm, Tom served as a law clerk to the Honorable Walter R. Mansfield in the US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Harvard Law School (JD, cum laude)
- Trinity College (BA)
Recognition & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Board member, LifePlans, Inc.
- Board member, Kobrick Funds, LLC
- Trustee, Wheelock College
- Member, Wheelock College Finance and Audit Committees
- Member, Permanent School Accommodations Committee for the Town of Wellesley.
- Member, Boston Bar Association Corporate Law Committee
- Member, Boston Bar Association Securities Law Committee
- Member, Massachusetts and New York Bar Associations