Today, your corporation operates under intense regulatory and law enforcement scrutiny. If it is found to be noncompliant with laws or regulations, the fines, penalties, and restitution can be staggering. What’s more, the intangible costs of being the subject of a government inquiry — including the possible loss of investor confidence — can add to the damaging consequences. If a matter has criminal ramifications, your corporate officers, directors, and employees run the risk of incarceration.
Our attorneys work with you to prevent costly compliance problems before they happen and to implement sound corporate governance practices. By designing comprehensive programs to deter wrongdoing and detect it early on, we can help you take the appropriate steps to minimize potential damage. We stay on top of industry regulatory requirements and can incorporate changes into your corporate governance and compliance policies and practices.
When enforcement actions do occur, we offer a steady, experienced hand to lead internal investigations and manage the response to governmental inquiries, thus minimizing the risks of criminal or civil exposure.
For companies making an acquisition, or being acquired, our attorneys can perform the necessary compliance-related due diligence to successfully complete your transaction, including providing you with a clear-eyed understanding of the risks associated with an acquisition.
- Cross-disciplinary approach to compliance issues
- Team members who have worked in law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies, including the following:
- US Department of Justice
- US Attorneys’ Offices
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- State Attorneys General
- District Attorneys’ Offices
- Access to the highest levels of government, including the following:
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)
- US State Department
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- US Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- US Department of Labor (DOL)
- Track record of success with handling internal investigations to privately resolve client issues
- Industry “sweet spots” include financial services, construction, health care, and life sciences
- Monitorship experience, including membership in IPSIG
Areas of Focus
Rankings & Recognitions
- Attorneys recognized by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers and with Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Ratings
- Practice Co-chair named as one of the 2011 Attorneys Who Matter by the Ethisphere Institute