Partnering with You to Resolve Antitrust Issues
Antitrust issues are a major concern in highly regulated industries and competitive markets. Whether structuring a deal, responding to an investigation, or shaping an approach to litigation — you need a team that understands the law and government enforcement priorities as well as your business objectives. We can advance your goals without running afoul of antitrust laws. That's why a preeminent health care provider and hospital group has relied on us for over 25 years.Share Awards
Section Co-chair recognized (2021)
Section Chair recognized (2020)
U.S. News and Best Lawyers®
Practice ranked National Tier 3 and Regional Tier 2 in Washington DC, Antitrust, “Best Law Firms” (2021)
Our attorneys are actively involved in sensitive antitrust transactions, investigations, and litigations. We have decades of practice handling some of the most complex matters and we understand that discretion, speed, and efficiency are critical when facing antitrust concerns. We’ve counseled clients on compliance with state and federal antitrust laws, consumer protection laws, and other regulations; helped clients avoid litigation by guiding them through transaction review processes before the DOJ and FTC; and provided successful representation in complex litigation, class action, and unfair / deceptive trade practice matters involving both federal and state competition laws. Our bicoastal team collaborates with the firm's highly regarded litigation, communications, and government relations practices — and a network of local attorneys — to handle antitrust matters nationwide.
- Antitrust counseling
- Antitrust litigation
- Bundling of services
- Competitor collaborations
- Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) merger approval process
- FCC regulatory review & proceedings
- Consumer protection matters
- Federal regulation
- Government investigations
- Joint Ventures
- Market allocation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Unfair / deceptive practices matters
- Represent hospitals, physician practice groups, pharmacy benefit managers, retail pharmacies, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, trade associations, and insurers.
- Shepherded some of the largest health care–related transactions in recent history through the antitrust review process at the FTC and DOJ.
- Represent industry clients in all aspects of antitrust counseling and compliance, including business planning, clinical integration, federal and state investigations, HSR merger approval processes, joint ventures, and litigation.
- Represent large public companies, not-for-profits, start-ups, and domestic and international joint ventures.
- Advise on relations with competitors, suppliers, and customers as well as on licensing and distribution relationships.
- Provide antitrust counseling and analysis on transactions and business practices, including acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures.
- Assist in ensuring clients’ mergers and acquisitions withstand the scrutiny of the DOJ, FTC, FCC, and competition agencies around the world.
- Sophisticated knowledge of the interplay between the enforcement of antitrust laws and the regulatory and legislative arenas.
- Experience with joint ventures, distribution and pricing issues, compliance programs, and white-collar criminal and grand jury investigations.
- Representation in investigations and litigation brought by the DOJ, FTC, FCC, and state AGs throughout the country.
Our bicoastal team handles sensitive antitrust transactions, investigations, and litigation across the United States.