Jason focuses his practice on mergers & acquisitions and other corporate transactions, financings, and general corporate matters. He counsels companies in a variety of industries, including technology and entertainment, as well as start-ups and emerging companies.
Prior to joining Mintz, he served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Larry Alan Burns of the US District Court for the Southern District of California. Throughout law school, Jason worked as a legal intern for an international law firm, a major Hollywood film studio and the University of San Diego School of Law’s Entrepreneurship Clinic, and as a judicial extern for Associate Justice Richard D. Huffman, of California’s 4th District Court of Appeal. Jason also served as a research assistant to a securities regulation professor and a teaching assistant for USD Law’s transactional law practicum.
While earning his undergraduate degree in entrepreneurship and film production, Jason worked for the Information Technology Division of the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office, and produced a number of short-film and television projects.
- University of San Diego School of Law (JD)
- San Diego State University (BS)
Recognition & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Writing and Research I (2015)
- Regional Transactional LawMeet®, University of Texas – Austin, Second Place (2018)
- Regional Transactional LawMeet®, University of California – Los Angeles, First Place (2017)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Venture Group