Jason focuses his practice on mergers & acquisitions, securities and capital markets, venture capital financings and other corporate transactions, financings, and general corporate matters. He counsels public and private companies in a variety of industries, including life sciences, energy and sustainability, technology and entertainment.
Prior to joining Mintz, Jason served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Larry Alan Burns of the US District Court for the Southern District of California. Throughout law school, Jason worked as a legal intern for an international law firm, a major Hollywood film studio and the University of San Diego School of Law’s Entrepreneurship Clinic, and as a judicial extern for Associate Justice Richard D. Huffman, of California’s 4th District Court of Appeal. Jason also serves as an adjunct professor for USD Law’s transactional law practicum.
While earning his undergraduate degree in entrepreneurship and film production, Jason worked for the Information Technology Division of the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office, and produced a number of short-film and television projects.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- NET Power, LLC in its proposed $1.459 billion business combination with Rice Acquisition Corp. II (NYSE:RONI)
- Monterey Capital Acquisition Corporation (Nasdaq:MCAC) in its proposed $145 million business combination with ConnectM Technology Solutions, Inc.
- GRI Bio, Inc. in its proposed reverse merger with Vallon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:VLON)
- Biolog-id S.A. in its proposed $312 million business combination with Genesis Growth Tech Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: GGAA)
- Hyperfine, Inc. (Nasdaq: HYPR) and Liminal Sciences in their $580 million business combination with HealthCor Catalio Acquisition Corp.
- The Metals Company (Nasdaq: TMC), formerly DeepGreen Metals Inc., in its $2.9 billion business combination with Sustainable Opportunities Acquisition Corporation
- Quantum-Si Incorporated (Nasdaq:QSI) in its $1.46 billion business combination with HighCape Capital Acquisition Corp.
- Butterfly Network, Inc. (NYSE: BFLY) in its $1.5 billion business combination with Longview Acquisition Corp.
- DermTech, Inc. (Nasdaq:DMTK) in its business combination with Constellation Alpha Capital Corp.
- Solarflare Communications, Inc. in its approximately $400 million merger with Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq:XLNX)
- Karmadata, Inc. in its sale to Tabula Rasa HealthCare Inc. (Nasdaq:TRHC)
- Quantum-Si Incorporated (Nasdaq:QSI) in its acquisition of Majelac Technologies LLC
- Enterprise Networking Solutions Inc. in its sale to Fulcrum Technology Group
Capital Markets Transactions
- DermTech, Inc. in its $65 million PIPE financing, $143.7 million underwritten public offering and at-the-market offerings
- Inhibrx, Inc. in its $137 million initial public offering
- Fulgent Genetics, Inc. in underwritten and at-the-market offerings
- Exagen Inc. in its $50 million at-the-market offering
Venture Capital and Emerging Companies
- Classy, Inc. in venture financings
- Xendee Corporation in its $12 million Series A financing
- FAScinate Therapeutics in its Series A financing
- Curvo Labs, Inc. in its $2 million Series A financing
- Decon7 Systems, Inc. in its financing transaction with Johnsonville Holdings, Inc.
- Oberon Fuels, Inc. in multiple financings
- Interleukin Combinatorial Therapies in its Series A-1 financing
News & Press
September 15, 2023
Recognition & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Writing and Research I (2015)
- Regional Transactional LawMeet®, University of Texas – Austin, Second Place (2018)
- Regional Transactional LawMeet®, University of California – Los Angeles, First Place (2017)
- San Diego County Bar Association