Peter is an experienced intellectual property litigator who represents clients in federal courts around the country, including US district courts and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, as well as before the US International Trade Commission. He handles patent infringement, validity, and other types of disputes for clients in a variety of sectors, including high technology related to electronics, medical technology, energy & sustainability, and financial services. He draws on his extensive knowledge of communications systems and networking, semiconductor technology, electronics components, Internet and e-commerce applications, machine learning, software, business methods, and medical devices.
Peter's diverse litigation experience extends both in and out of the courtroom. He has examined witnesses in front of juries at trial, advocated for clients at oral arguments and evidentiary hearings before Article III judges, deposed and defended the depositions of fact and expert witnesses, and managed teams that advance his clients' goals through strategic discovery.
The areas of technology in which Peter has particular experience include communications systems and networking, packet switching, integrated circuits, semiconductor technology, powerline networks, RFID, electronics components, broadband applications for cable and satellite television systems, Internet and e-commerce applications, machine learning, software, business methods, and medical devices. Peter has a degree in Electrical Engineering, summa cum laude.
- Fordham University (JD)
- Rutgers University (BSEE)
- Defending an electronics manufacturer in a patent infringement action, involving RFID systems, in the Northern District of Texas
- Representing an owner of GPS and media sharing patents in the International Trade Commission, the District of Delaware and the Eastern District of Texas
- Defending an electrical components manufacturer in a patent infringement action, involving multilayer capacitors, in the Southern District of California and before the Federal Circuit
- Represented the owner of a portfolio of communications and computing patents from the former enterprise communications business unit of a large multinational company in the International Trade Commission
- Representing an owner and inventor of patents concerning excimer laser catheters in a patent infringement action in the Southern District of New York
- Defending an electronics manufacturer in a patent infringement action, concerning smartphone technology, in the District of Delaware
- Defending a medical device manufacturer in an action involving breach of contract and patent misuse in the Central District of California
- Defending a provider of network switches in a patent infringement action in the Eastern District of Texas
- Represented the defendant in a patent infringement lawsuit in the Eastern District of Texas relating to radio frequency technology
- Defense of multiple IPRs including, for example, with respect to passive capacitors
Recognition & Awards
- Included on the New York Super Lawyers: Rising Star – Intellectual Property list (2012 – 2018)
- Tau Beta Pi
- Eta Kappa Nu
- Golden Key Honors Society
- Member, New York Intellectual Property Law Association