Seth is the Division Head for the Litigation and Employment, Labor & Benefits Sections. His practice focuses on commercial, corporate, and securities litigation matters in federal and state court as well as in various arbitration venues. Seth’s practice also involves complex contract, partnership, securities, employment, and real estate disputes. Seth serves as Co-chair of the New York office’s Hiring Committee.
Seth has been involved in litigation-based workouts and restructuring of companies. He has served as counsel on a number of class actions as well as represented many high-net-worth individuals and hedge funds involved in a variety of litigations. Seth recently successfully defended a portfolio company of a large health care-focused private equity fund in an action brought in the Southern District of Florida. After the action was dismissed on summary judgment, he obtained a ruling proposing one of the largest legal fee awards ever granted in Florida.
Seth’s clients include multinational corporations, telecommunications companies, hedge funds, private equity funds and their portfolio companies, large financial institutions, high-net-worth individuals, one of the world’s largest stock transfer agents, and professional sports teams, players and management. His practice also includes the representation of entities and individuals in investigations and proceedings brought by various government enforcement agencies and regulators, including the US Attorney’s Office, the New York District Attorney’s Office, the New York Attorney General, the SEC, and NASD.
- Fordham University (JD)
- Emory University (BA)
- Representing minority shareholders of Fragrancenet.com in Buerger et al. v. Apfel, C.A. No. 6539-VCL, a derivative litigation brought against the officers and directors.
- Represented institutional investors/bondholders in suit against auditors and directors and officers of an international conglomerate after bankruptcy.
- Represented a management team in conjunction with one of the largest out-of-court restructuring deals ever completed
- Achieved a significant victory for our client Manischewitz, a leading brand of kosher food products, in a dispute before the New York State Supreme Court. The plaintiff alleged our client excluded him from the koshering process and that Manischewitz products did not meet the Orthodox Union (OU) kashrut standards required to be sold with the OU symbol. The New York State Supreme Court granted Manischewitz and the Orthodox Union’s motion to dismiss all causes of action for lack of subject matter jurisdiction and failure to state a claim.
- Successfully defended a portfolio company of a large health care-focused private equity fund in an action brought in the Southern District of Florida. We won the summary judgment dismissing all of plaintiffs’ claims that they effectively were the owners and inventors of our client’s products. Following this dismissal on summary judgment, we obtained a ruling proposing one of the largest legal fee awards ever granted in Florida.
- Represented institutional investors/bondholders in suit against indenture trustee after bankruptcy of bond issuer.
- Represented several medical and dental technology private equity portfolio companies in a complex contract dispute involving patent and FDA 510(k) regulatory issues
- Represented a medical device company in securities actions as a result of improper disclosures and derivatives actions for corporate waste.
- Represented a medical diagnostics company in a $300 million nation-wide class action lawsuit alleging violations of RICO and various state laws
- Represented real estate investors in a partnership dispute involving $500 million of New York real estate