With over two decades of litigation experience, Seth focuses his practice on commercial, corporate, and securities litigation matters. As Division Head for the Litigation and Employment, Labor & Benefits Sections, Seth sets the strategic direction for client development and lateral hiring initiatives across litigation and employment practice groups at Mintz. He also serves as Co-chair of the New York Office Hiring Committee.
Some of the largest global companies, private equity and hedge funds, sports franchises, and high-net-worth individuals rely on Seth’s insights and guidance. Clients praise him for being “very hardworking and very knowledgeable” on top of being “really affable with a great demeanor.“ They appreciate his ability to handle stressful situations with ease and humor and they note he is “very competent and results-focused.”
Seth has been involved in litigation-based workouts and restructuring of companies and has served as counsel on a number of class actions. He recently successfully defended a portfolio company of a large health care-focused private equity fund in an action brought in the Southern District of Florida. After the action was dismissed on summary judgment, he obtained a ruling proposing one of the largest legal fee awards ever granted in Florida. His practice also includes the representation of entities and individuals in investigations and proceedings brought by various government enforcement agencies and regulators, including the US Attorney’s Office, the New York District Attorney’s Office, the New York Attorney General, the SEC, and NASD.
- Fordham University (JD)
- Emory University (BA)
- Representing minority shareholders of Fragrancenet.com in Buerger et al. v. Apfel, C.A. No. 6539-VCL, a derivative litigation brought against the officers and directors.
- Represented institutional investors/bondholders in suit against auditors and directors and officers of an international conglomerate after bankruptcy.
- Represented a management team in conjunction with one of the largest out-of-court restructuring deals ever completed
- Achieved a significant victory for our client Manischewitz, a leading brand of kosher food products, in a dispute before the New York State Supreme Court. The plaintiff alleged our client excluded him from the koshering process and that Manischewitz products did not meet the Orthodox Union (OU) kashrut standards required to be sold with the OU symbol. The New York State Supreme Court granted Manischewitz and the Orthodox Union’s motion to dismiss all causes of action for lack of subject matter jurisdiction and failure to state a claim.
- Successfully defended a portfolio company of a large health care-focused private equity fund in an action brought in the Southern District of Florida. We won the summary judgment dismissing all of plaintiffs’ claims that they effectively were the owners and inventors of our client’s products. Following this dismissal on summary judgment, we obtained a ruling proposing one of the largest legal fee awards ever granted in Florida.
- Represented institutional investors/bondholders in suit against indenture trustee after bankruptcy of bond issuer.
- Represented several medical and dental technology private equity portfolio companies in a complex contract dispute involving patent and FDA 510(k) regulatory issues
- Represented a medical device company in securities actions as a result of improper disclosures and derivatives actions for corporate waste.
- Represented a medical diagnostics company in a $300 million nation-wide class action lawsuit alleging violations of RICO and various state laws
- Represented real estate investors in a partnership dispute involving $500 million of New York real estate