Daria’s multifaceted health care practice serves the full range of provider entities. She draws on her own in-house counsel experience to help clients attain compliant, efficient operations while navigating industry and regulatory roadblocks. Her concrete, practical guidance helps clients manage risks and compete in the face of remarkable cost pressures.
Daria's practice ranges from transactional matters to general counsel services. She has extensive experience with the merger and acquisition of hospitals, long-term care facilities, clinics, assisted living facilities, home health and hospice programs, group practices, substance use disorder facilities, and other provider entities. She guides clients through the regulatory aspects of capital projects and other strategic initiatives. Active in health care reform matters, Daria works with clients on clinical integration and affiliation, ACOs, and similar arrangements. In addition, Daria provides experienced counsel in areas of contracting, patient care/risk management matters, privacy and security of patient information (HIPAA), and addressing adverse events, including internal investigations and crisis management.
After beginning her legal career at Mintz, she served as Vice President of Legal Services at Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts. While at Lahey, she provided comprehensive general counsel services, advising physician leaders and management on all aspects of the Lahey delivery system, which includes a tertiary care teaching hospital, outpatient primary care and specialty clinics, and a community group practice network.
Daria serves as the Vice-Chair of Publishing for the Business Law and Governance Section of the American Health Lawyers Association. She is frequently invited to speak on a variety of topics, including regulatory issues specific to the provider audience, corporate governance, transactional matters, internal investigations, and violence in the workplace and in health care settings.
A Mintz Pro Bono Award recipient, Daria served for eight years as director of Mintz's Domestic Violence Project, the firm's signature pro bono initiative and is active in the Pro Bono Program. Daria brings years of domestic violence advocacy to educate providers on domestic violence’s impact on the workplace and patient care. She has been a guest lecturer on this topic at Boston College School of Nursing, the Harvard School of Public Health, and Stonehill College, and at grand rounds at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- New England Law (JD)
- Villanova University (MA)
- Salem State College (BA)
- Advised an oncology services provider that operates radiation therapy centers and ambulatory surgery facilities across the country in forming contractual arrangements with a nonprofit, multispecialty medical group, providing care across eastern Massachusetts, and a large physicians' organization.
- Represent Urgent Care Centers of New England d/b/a CareWell Urgent Care, a venture-backed company that develops, operates, or manages urgent care centers, in connection with the Company's roll-out of urgent care centers and joint venture models.
- Advised a multi-state operator of skilled nursing facilities in several acquisitions, including health care regulatory compliance and Medicaid provider enrollment.
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America: Health Care Law (2013 – 2021)
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts – Healthcare (2013 – 2020)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Health Care list (2013 – 2020)
- Nightingale’s Healthcare News: Outstanding Hospital Lawyer (2008)
- Mintz Pro Bono Award (1997)
- Member, American Health Law Association
- Vice-Chair of Publishing, AHLA Business Law and Governance Practice Group
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Director, StonehamBank – A Co-operative Bank, Stoneham, Massachusetts
- Trustee, Greater Boston Stage Company