Angel’s practice focuses on business immigration matters. She is located in Mintz's Boston office. She counsels corporations and their employees on the processing of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions, including H-1B, L-1A, L-1B, E-3, TN, P-1, O-1, E-1, E-2, PERM, EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3. She also advises clients on employment eligibility verification, E-verify, and related issues, including suspension and/or termination of employees and litigation prevention measures.
Prior to joining Mintz, Angel was senior counsel at a law firm in New York where she advised on corporate immigration programs and case strategies. She has also served as Assistant Vice President & Counsel at MassMutual Financial Group where she oversaw all immigration and employment matters. Angel has practiced as an associate at various national and regional law firms where she has provided immigration and employment law counseling as well as employment litigation representation.
Upon graduating from law school, Angel worked for six years as a Staff Attorney for Greater Hartford Legal Aid, where she handled employment and immigration cases for one of Connecticut’s leading non-profit organizations.
- American University (JD)
- University of California - Irvine (BA)
Recognition & Awards
- 2008 Connecticut Law Day Award Recipient
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- James W. Cooper Fellow, Connecticut Bar Association
- Diversity Committee, Connecticut Bar Association 2011-2012
- Director and Past President, Connecticut Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Board Member, Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association 2002-2009
- The Connecticut Interagency Task Force on Trafficking in Persons, 2005-2007
- Task Force Member, Asian Pacific American Coalition 2005-2007
- American Inns of Court, Oliver Ellsworth Chapter, 2003-2004