Angel focuses her practice on business immigration matters and related compliance issues. She works with employers in designing and defining corporate immigration programs and policies, and in structuring short and long-term visa strategies for management, professional and specialized skill foreign employees. She also advises employers on discipline, suspension and/or termination of visa sponsored employees and litigation prevention measures; and counsels clients on employment eligibility verification, I-9, and E-verify compliance and employer defense in ICE audits, and worksite investigations.
Angel’s expertise includes developing visa strategies during M&A transactions (reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, divestments, etc.) and minimizing a transaction’s impact on key employees.
She has extensive experience in obtaining non-immigrant work visas and employment-based immigrant visas, including H-1B, L-1A, L-1B, E-3, TN, P-1, O-1, E-1, E-2, PERM, EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 categories.
As a regular contributor to Mintz’s immigration blog, Angel often provides employers with insight on immigration-related developments that may affect their businesses and offers tips for responding to government agency activities, such as Department of Homeland Security worksite visits and inspections.
Prior to joining Mintz, Angel was senior counsel at a law firm in New York where she advised on corporate immigration strategies. She has also served as an Assistant Vice President & Counsel at Fortune 100 financial company where she oversaw all immigration and employment matters. Angel has practiced as an attorney at various national and regional law firms, as well as non-profits, where she has provided immigration and employment law counseling as well as employment litigation representation.
Angel has been recognized by The Legal 500 United States in the area of Employment: Immigration as a “Next Generation Lawyer” and is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and several other professional organizations.
She is fluent in Mandarin, Spanish, and Taiwanese.
- American University (JD)
- University of California - Irvine (BA)
Recognition & Awards
- Named a “Next Generation Lawyer” and recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Labor & Employment: Immigration (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Labor & Employment: Immigration (2018)
- Director, Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts (AALAM)
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- James W. Cooper Fellow, Connecticut Bar Association
- Diversity Committee, Connecticut Bar Association 2011-2012
- Director and Past President, Connecticut Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Board Member, Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association 2002-2009
- The Connecticut Interagency Task Force on Trafficking in Persons, 2005-2007
- Task Force Member, Asian Pacific American Coalition 2005-2007
- American Inns of Court, Oliver Ellsworth Chapter, 2003-2004