John’s practice encompasses all aspects of immigration and nationality law. John draws on over two decades of experience to help companies and their employees obtain nonimmigrant visas, including B, E, H, J, L, O, and TN visas. He also handles applications for PERM labor certification; extraordinary ability, outstanding researcher, and national interest waiver petitions; adjustment of status procedures; consular processing; and naturalization. John has distinguished himself in the use of legal operations and technology to streamline practices and develop innovative solutions to challenging legal and case production issues. He represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including biotechnology, FinTech, hospitals & health systems, insurance, financial services, retailers, education, consulting, and staffing services.
Prior to joining Mintz, John was a partner in the business immigration group of an international law firm. Earlier, he was an immigration attorney at a Boston-based law firm.
In addition to his practice, John is a frequent panelist at seminars on immigration topics, and he regularly writes articles about business immigration. He has also served as co-chair of American Immigration Lawyers Association regional conferences.
During law school, John was a finalist in the Rothgerber Moot Court Competition.
- University of Colorado (JD)
- University of Massachusetts (BA, cum laude)
Recognition & Awards
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Labor & Employment: Immigration (2020)
- Best Lawyers in America: Immigration Law (2017 – 2020)
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Volunteer attorney, Irish International Immigrant Center