Garrett focuses his practice on corporate law, transactional work, including private sales and acquisitions, and general corporate matters including reorganizations, corporate governance issues and commercial contracts. He represents private equity clients as well as clients across the energy and sustainability, life sciences and technology industries.
While attending law school, Garrett served as a legal intern with a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing cancer treatments. In that role, he assisted in the implementation of a globally compliant privacy program and with the assessment and reporting of an international data privacy incident. He was also a legal intern at a pharmaceutical company that is developing medicine to control the expression of genes. In that role, he negotiated and drafted commercial contracts and implemented a contract management system.
Prior to attending law school, Garrett worked as a business analyst in supply chain operations with a California-based global information technology company, a business analyst with a Canadian multinational financial services company, and a document control officer in the corporate financing division of a Canadian multinational bank.
- Represented Liberty Power, an independent retail electricity supplier, in its negotiation of a multi-year supply agreement with Boston Energy Trading and Marketing LLC, restructuring of its existing capital structure, and entry into new financing arrangements.
- Represented a national distributed solar developer in its acquisitions of solar energy Project Companies in New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Texas.
- Represented cloud computing company Rocket Innovations, Inc. in the sale of Rocketbook, the leading smart reusable notebook brand in the United States, to BIC, a global manufacturing company of disposable consumer products such as stationery, lighters, and shavers.
- Represented Capstone Partners, an investment banking and advisory firm serving middle market companies, in its sale to Huntington Bancshares Incorporated (Nasdaq: HBAN).
- Represented Albireo Pharma, a biotechnology company focused on developing treatments for rare disease in its sale to French biotechnology firm Ipsen SA.
- Represented Med-Pharmex, a manufacturer of generic veterinary drugs and portfolio company of private equity firm DW Healthcare Partners, in its sale to Dechra Pharmaceuticals, a British-owned developers and manufacturer of veterinary products.
- Represented XL Fleet Corp., a developer and manufacturer of vehicle electrification solutions, in its de-SPAC merger with Pivotal Investment Corporation II, a special purpose acquisition company.