Rebecca’s practice encompasses a wide range of litigation matters, including construction, complex business litigation, and fiduciary matters. She represents clients in a variety of business disputes, negotiations and investigations, in litigation and in alternative dispute resolution forums, including JAMS and the ICC, and is well-versed in issues related to e-discovery and privilege.
As a member of the firm’s Construction Law Practice Group, Rebecca has represented property owners, developers, and general contractors in construction disputes in the public and private sector. Rebecca has experience counseling clients on contract formation, project delays, terminations, mechanics’ liens, and defective work. Rebecca has also drafted and negotiated general contracts, subcontracts, consultant agreements, construction management agreements, and other project-related documents. She has extensive experience with both AIA and custom construction forms, and is effective in reaching consensus on critical contract language to mitigate risk for her clients.
Rebecca also contributes to Mintz’s pro bono commitment. She has successfully represented a client in his application for political asylum in the United States allowing him to escape political persecution in Uganda.
Prior to joining Mintz, Rebecca was a public interest attorney fellow at the Medical-Legal Partnership│Boston at Boston Medical Center, where she coordinated direct and systemic advocacy around housing law, including reasonable accommodations, housing transfers, and access to housing priorities and preferences. In addition, she represented low-income clients in hearings at the Department of Housing and Community Development and the Boston Housing Authority. During this time, she also facilitated a pilot pro bono legal referral program for low-income patients at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Rebecca was a Summer Associate at Mintz in 2009. During law school, Rebecca worked as a law clerk at a dynamic law firm in Washington, DC specializing in representation of nonprofit organizations.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- A valuable part of the team that obtained a nine-figure award for a biopharmaceutical company in a contract dispute with an international pharmaceutical company involving milestone payments under a license and development agreement. Following extensive discovery, briefing, and an evidentiary hearing, an arbitration panel awarded our client all requested relief, including attorneys’ fees and expenses, and rejected the respondents’ nine-figure counterclaims in their entirety.
- Represented General Electric in all phases of environmental remediation and related dredging and construction projects for the Housatonic River area.
- Represented General Electric in the negotiation of construction contracts and resolution of contract disputes for its Hudson River remediation project.
- Represented a limited liability company in complex commercial litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery relating to claims concerning contractual interpretation and fiduciary duties.
- Represented the developer of mixed-use condominium project in litigation against a terminated general contractor asserting a claim of wrongful termination.
- Represented the managing member of limited liability company in an arbitration brought by minority member asserting claims of breach of fiduciary duty and failure to comply with Delaware LLC Act in connection with the development of a mixed-use condominium project.
- Represented an energy company in claims against an EPC contractor regarding the construction of a biomass fuel plant in Barnesville, Georgia.
Construction Law & Counseling
- Represent Sojitz on all aspects of its platform investment into and build-out of its US solar project portfolio.
- Represent DivcoWest in all matters pertaining to construction and design documents for its Cambridge Crossing project in Cambridge, Massachusetts,120 Middlesex project in Somerville, Massachusetts, and Peninsula Crossing project in Burlingame, California.
- Regularly drafts and negotiates design and construction contracts and advises on construction-related issues in development and leasing agreements for a Boston-based real estate firm on developments nationwide.
- Represent an affordable housing developer in negotiation of design and construction agreements for various new developments.
- Drafted a custom construction agreement for a renowned Massachusetts university.
News & Press
November 21, 2023
June 08, 2023
November 22, 2022
Events & Speaking
Young AEC Professionals Institute
National Association of College and University Attorneys
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts - Construction Law: Up and Coming (2022 - 2023)
- Law360: Rising Star - Construction Law (2022)
- Legal 500 Rising Star - Construction Law (2022)
- Benchmark Litigation: 40 & Under Hot List (2022 - 2023)
- Boston Magazine Top Lawyers – Construction Litigation (2021 - 2023)
- Board of Directors, Stone House Inc. (2021- present)
- Board of Trustees, Women's Bar Foundation (2021- present)
- Leadership Council of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2019 – present)
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Women's Leadership Program (2018-2019)
- Anti-Defamation League’s Glass Leadership Institute (2012-2013)